Manager, Digital and Technology Advisory
Reference ID: 13678BR
Achieve your full potential in an environment where there's flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
Our Private Company Services (PCS) Consulting practice:
Our extensive selection of services provides businesses with the value they're looking for. Through leading practice advice and assistance based on our financial, analytical and business process skills, we enhance the performance of private companies of all sizes. Our clients value our ability to draw on our national and international network of professionals to deliver fast, proven results.
The Opportunity: Manager, Digital Operations in the new PCS Consulting practice.
PwC's ongoing and continued success in the application of digital technologies to transform the enterprise has created an employment opportunity to deliver significant value to our most important private company clients here in Alberta. Our vision is to become market leaders in Digital Operations by helping our clients build world class capabilities by adopting digital solutions and emerging technology. In addition, the practice delivers services related to system selection advisory, enterprise architecture, IT governance, and IT merger and integration related services. .
PwC PCS Consulting Practice is looking for a digital and technology leader who wants to solve exciting, complex client problems with creativity. You're equally excited about brand identity as you are about data visualizations, proof of concepts, and designing and participating in client workshops. You lean into your work with enthusiasm -- whether it be for financial services, utilities, logistics, real estate, procurement or supply-chain clients. We want you to use co-creation thinking combine it with emerging technology and business strategy to design powerful new futures for some of Alberta's leading private company organizations.
As a champion of our "human experience" approach being collaborative is key. You'll be working closely with other technology and strategy teams, as well as with colleagues from across the PwC firm. Above all, you're an idea person with an infectious, energetic spirit who has developed a solid business acumen and is a leader of teams.
The individual who will fill this position will be responsible for providing true subject matter proficiency in the area of digital operations and tech advisory. The role involves leading and supporting some of our most strategic sales efforts in Alberta; leading and supporting the delivery of PCS consulting projects; leading and developing teams and developing new services offerings.
· Quickly establish credibility with prospective clients by demonstrating expertise and knowledge of applying digital solutions to a variety of operational client problems;
· Be a recognized expert in the application of disruptive technologies in digital operations and tech advisory;
· Lead and support pursuit teams and proposal development including innovative approaches and methodologies tailored to address specific client requirements;
· Help manage the sales cycle and supporting a team through business development activities;
· Support our National teams with true subject matter expertise, preparing specific client deliverables and presenting to clients;
· Lead engagement teams in the production of quality deliverables on time and on budget that exceed client expectations;
· In selected cases, manage the end-to end delivery (including project economics) of consulting projects;
People Development / Practice Management
· Oversee the development of goals, objectives and focus areas for selected staff;
· Perform role of a project and career coach to other staff for a high performing team environment;
· Bring a high level of personal integrity, energy and commitment to teamwork;
· Develop and deliver training and share knowledge across the global PwC network; and
· Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities.
· Significant experience in tech advisory and/or digital applications roles where you're helping solve business problems through the application of technology;
· At least 5 years of IT and management consulting experience;
· An understanding of the potential and limitations of technologies including, but not limited to, mobile, advanced analytics, AI, AR/VR, wearables, drones, telematics, RPA, IoT, cloud solutions, cybersecurity and voice interaction as digital solutions;
· An understanding of leading practices in agile digital solutions architecture, development and deployment (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS);
· Previous experience with systems implementation and optimization, operational process reviews, technology assessments and creation of technology roadmaps
· Governance, Strategy, Architecture, Infrastructure, Business Systems
· Advise and/or develop blueprints and implementation roadmaps that align technology investments with critical business priorities, while accounting for key risks and compliance issues.
· Ability to effectively bridge the gap between business and technology client teams
· Completed Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline is preferred;
· International experience is a plus;
· Capabilities in French language is an asset;
· Exposure to Design Thinking or other experienced-based Digital approaches is beneficial;
Why Work for PwC
Having diversity of thought creates the truly dynamic and innovative leadership that we are known for. Our resource circles provide an inclusive forum for peers and mentors to share experiences, discuss professional opportunities, and brainstorm creative solutions.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: February 8, 2019
Closes: April 9, 2019