Our world is going through immense change, driven by a global pandemic, changing work habits, differing political perspectives and regulatory and global climate changes. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) encapsulates all of these and more. As we and our clients articulate the goals and effort to address these issues, we are leading the way in our ESG commitments and the assistance we provide to our community and our clients.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our growing practice, with a specific focus on ESG Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) within Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRCS) Practice.
This position will lead and delivery ERM engagements that will focus on assisting our clients with the alignment of their ESG governance, risk management, and sustainability programs and activities to the strategic objectives of the Organization along with meeting regulatory and reporting requirements.
Our GRCS professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization's business strategies and related business processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assist in business development activities and presentations in the areas of ERM assistance services related to ESG.
- Assist our clients in the development and alignment of strong governance and ERM frameworks and programs that support ESG reporting.
- Engage with clients on sustainability matters (e.g. from establishing sustainability strategy, facilitating materiality discussions, measuring and monitoring sustainability performance, and more).
- Develop, identify and assess risk appetites, risk measurements, reporting, key risks and related mitigations to support enterprise risk management and internal audit programs in organizations that support key ESG topics / focus areas.
- Conduct independent audits/assurance activities over ESG areas including development lead and manage ESG engagement plans, deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by more junior team members.
- Deliver multiple simultaneous client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Engage with cross functional engagement teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Mentor, drive and review quality of work prepared by team members.
- Manage project timelines, quality, budget, and client relationship.
- Delivering high quality work that is on time and in compliance with the Firm's risk management and quality standards.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- 5 years of professional experience in ERM, assurance, finance and/or operations, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience effectively leading and managing a team
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in ESG/sustainability or similar field in an organization or in consulting.
- Have experience and understanding of risk management program and activities over ESG programs.
- Have a strong foundational understanding and experience with process and controls including those over ESG data integrity and reporting/disclosure.
- Understanding of Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) concepts, frameworks and global developments (e.g., SASB, GRI, UN SDGs, TCFD, ISAE 3000); certification or accreditation in ESG would be beneficial.
- Technical understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP and relevancy with ESG reporting.
- Chartered Professional Accountant OR Certified Internal Auditor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.