The Sales Specialist, Equipment Leasing is accountable to achieve sales targets for Equipment Leasing products and services through the management of a portfolio and by applying well developed consultative sales and relationship management principles, practices and techniques in order to originate new Equipment Leasing business with new and existing Business Banking, CFD and/or Capital Markets clients.
As someone with several years of deal structuring experience, the candidate will primarily originate transactions from existing clients and attract new clients to BMO. The incumbent is accountable to develop relationships and build successful deal teams to generate new revenue and ensure client satisfaction. The incumbent will create and work toward the achievement of an annual business plan, including prospect list development, focused calling and pipeline management activities.
This role will focus on less complex transactions/clients and for lower dollar amounts per transaction/authorization than the Senior Sales Specialist role. Business Development and Delivery
• Work toward the achievement of sales targets for Equipment Leasing solutions by applying well developed business development and consultative sales techniques. • Accountable to sell Equipment Leasing as an integrated solution to either CFD/Mid-market or Capital Market segments • Proactively, and with a long-term focus, develop an internal and external network that effectively generates prospects for new business as appropriate. This would include maintaining relationships with partners to meet customer needs such as CFD, Business Banking, Capital Markets etc. to ensure customer needs/expectations are profitably met and/or exceeded. • Establish and enhance the Bank's profile in the community by participating in business and community activities and seek out and create opportunities to promote BMO's Equipment Leasing solutions • Collaborate with coverage relationship partners to generate ideas, identify client solutions, pursue sector marketing efforts, cover clients, and deliver timely solutions. • Utilize every customer transaction/meeting (as appropriate) to strengthen and deepen the client's relationship with the Bank by identifying opportunities to increase share of wallet and/or to generate referrals to other Bank groups. • For clients and new prospects, review and analyze cash flow and working capital position, business plans, goals and objectives, etc. all of which could be complex, developing suggestions and alternatives that meet or exceed the client's objectives. Prepare proposals, undertake negotiations with prospects, and complete internal negotiations relative to Equipment Leasing solutions sales • Provide Equipment Leasing deal structuring expertise. Planning
• Develop, implement, review and revise a rolling 3-12 month territory plan that balances mining existing Bank of Montreal customers with prospecting for new clients. • Contribute to Equipment Leasing Business Plan (as appropriate), regarding new business opportunities, increased profitability and portfolio growth potential, based on knowledge of local marketplace. Risk and Expense Management
• Protect the Bank's assets and maintain portfolio quality by adhering to processes, policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines. • Document and follow-up on any discrepancies to procedures with significant operational risk and escalate as required • Actively manage portfolio to maximize return and credit quality. • Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated. • Adhere to Know Your Client Rules and Bank Policies & Procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering • Monitor revenues to manage the profitability of existing and new customers to ensure targets are met or exceeded. • Obtain credit concurrence and coordinate pricing approval as client advocate Sales Support and Partnerships
• Maintain key ongoing contact with lending clients and sector relationship managers. • Work with specialists as needed to support successful syndication and sales Knowledge:
• An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred. • CPA or MBA or equivalent experience in finance, accounting and business law. • 4-8 years of relevant experience in negotiating and structuring financial transactions. • Minimum of 4 years in financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment developing business. • This position does not require Credit Qualification. The incumbent must possess an acceptable level of Credit knowledge and skills and an acceptable level of Portfolio Management knowledge and skills. • Formal credit training and prior lending authority is preferred. • Relevant Equipment Leasing experience is highly desired. • Credit analysis experience/ understanding. • Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives. Skills
• Excellent abilities in business development and cross-selling success. • Highly developed written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear, concise and cogent credit correspondence. • Exceptional analytical skills. • Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet. • Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on excelling in relationship building. • Ability to advocate persuasively. • Ability to work under limited supervision. • Ability to learn and adapt quickly. • Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities. • Proven abilities in managerial and leadership skills.
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019