TELUS is looking for a self-motivated, engaging leader to join our Customer Solutions Delivery Construction team in Grande Prairie. As a Manager - Field Support, you will be responsible for motivating and engaging a team of Access & Inside Build Network Technicians that will be performing construction activities for both internal and external customers on a variety of equipment, covering an inclusive assortment of technologies while ensuring that the proper processes and procedures are complied with.
The successful candidate will represent the company as a single point of contact for the Grande Prairie geographic region and/or multiple telecommunication sites. You will ensure that the needs of the various business units are delivered upon in accordance with customer expectations, collective agreement and organizational goals. You will be accountable for overall customer satisfaction and represent TELUS in the community.
• Create and support a high-energy, results-oriented, inclusive work environment.
• Manage, coordinate and direct resources required to meet schedules and goals. Provide input to strategy and develop applicable action plans.
• Manage a capital program >$2M in consultation with Planning, Engineering and Project Management, within the schedule and objective targets and/or Manage an operating budget >$1M in accordance with department financial targets, financial approval policies (e.Expense, e.Buy, e.Invoice) and Procurement guidelines.
• Manage processes compliance, job quality inspection, customer experience, team member performance and community engagement within areas they service. Create and maintain a high performance culture within their team and functional area.
• Understand the complexity of the technical infrastructure serviced by your team in addition to awareness of the process, technical expertise and organizational structure of related / adjacent work groups and how your team's work impacts their operations.
• Responsible for on-site adherence to Health and Safety regulations and procedures such as auditing safety plans, ensuring team member training is up-to-date, equipment inspection and conducting periodic site field audits.
• Remove roadblocks and own escalations through to final resolution.
• Initiate opportunities for continuous improvement through process improvement.
• Foster a performance management culture through formal and informal coaching and assessment.
• Improve each customer's likelihood to recommend TELUS products and services by ensuring that your technicians deliver exceptional quality service.
• Work with upstream and downstream partners to ensure the best service possible for our customers.
• Support, interpret and enforce the Collective Agreement including any disciplinary activities, grievance reviews and support of the arbitration process.
• Work must be in accordance with service standards and project requirements as well as other regulatory and mandatory criteria (e.g. Safety, occupational health, authorizations, collective agreements, CRTC basic service obligation, etc.) Qualifications:Required Knowledge:
• Strong understanding of outside plant construction is required.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements for TELUS team members.
• Experience in quality assurance would be an asset.
• Understanding of telecommunications services and networks is an asset.
• Basic office productivity tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
• Knowledge of TELUS specific applications (SRM, FieldLink, Click Schedule, CSD KPI Dashboard, OATS, etc.) would be an asset. Required Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to lead and develop a high-performance team in a Customer First-oriented business.
• Project management experience would be an asset.
• High level of organizational and time management skills is required.
• Ability to manage and work with partner teams.
• Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers License.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work within multiple and conflicting priorities.
• Ability to create and hold cross functional relationships with TELUS stakeholders and represent TELUS to the community located within the district being supported.
• Excellent communication skills - the ability to succinctly and clearly explain tactical plans, expectations and link these tactical plans to corporate strategic priorities for our front-line team members.
• Proven ability to drive team engagement in a constructive, cooperative and respectful manner.
• A bias for action - the ability to not only plan and delegate, but to proactively lead and/or take initiative to ensure that actions and projects are on track.
• Sound analytical skills - and the ability to use these skills to support and justify business decisions and/or proposals. Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Diploma in Management and/or related Technology (or equivalent experience). Required Experience:
• Coaching and developing a team in Customer Service, Production or Field Service Delivery environment would be an asset.
• Experience in managing and leading in a unionized environment is preferred.
• Previous craft or field experience would be an asset.
• Experience working with outside plant technologies and maintenance procedures would be an asset. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: September 21, 2017
Closes:October 13, 2017