TELUS is looking for a strong customer focused leader to join our Customer Solutions Delivery team in Lethbridge, Alberta. As a Manager - Field Support, you will be responsible for motivating and engaging a team of Install & Repair Technicians in this region that will deliver extraordinary voice, data and video experiences to our customers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership among their peers and should possess a strong coaching background.
This is a one year - temporary maternity leave coverage. Responsibilities:
• Create and support a high-energy, results-oriented, inclusive work environment Qualifications:Required Knowledge:
• Foster a performance management culture through formal and informal coaching and assessment
• Improve each customer's likelihood to recommend TELUS products and services by ensuring that your Install & Repair Technicians deliver exceptional service
• To meet and exceed Customer service, productivity, quality, revenue, and regulatory requirements
• Support TELUS strategic objectives through project work and primeships in cross-functional teams
• Work with upstream and downstream partners to ensure the best service possible for our customers
• Support, interpret and enforce the Collective Agreement including any disciplinary activities, grievance reviews and support of the arbitration process
• Work must be in accordance with service standards and project requirements as well as other regulatory and mandatory criteria (e.g. Safety, occupational health, authorizations, collective agreements, CRTC basic service obligation, etc.)
• Understanding of telecommunications services and networks is an asset
• Basic office productivity tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Knowledge of TELUS specific applications (SRM, FieldLink, Click Schedule, CSD KPI Dashboard, OATS, etc.) would be an asset Required Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to lead and develop a high-performance team in a Customer First-oriented business
• Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers License
• Excellent communication skills - the ability to succinctly and clearly explain tactical plans, expectations and link these tactical plans to corporate strategic priorities for our front-line team members
• Proven ability to drive team engagement in a constructive, cooperative and respectful manner
• A bias for action - the ability to not only plan and delegate, but to proactively lead and/or take initiative to ensure that actions and projects are on track
• Sound analytical skills - and the ability to use these skills to support and justify business decisions and/or proposals Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Diploma in Management and/or related Technology (or equivalent experience) Required Experience:
• Coaching and developing a team in Customer Service, Production or Field Service Delivery environment would be an asset
• Experience in managing and leading in a unionized environment is preferred
• Previous craft or field experience would be an asset
• Experience working with cable plant technologies and maintenance procedures would be an asset Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: September 20, 2017
Closes:November 11, 2017