Company: Finning International Inc.
Posting End Date: Aug 30, 2019Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: The Manager, Functional Excellence is part of a team who support the Global Director, Supply Chain Functional Excellence. In this role the Manager, functional Excellence develops global best practices in Finning's supply chain area. The goal is to enhance our customer service levels as well as improve efficiencies and internal business results. This role requires close collaboration with our global data analytics experts as well as regional supply chain teams to drive the implementation of best practices to enhance Finning's global supply chain capabilities.
Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Leads the development, documentation and implementation of global policies, processes, standards, methods, systems, controls, and best practices as part of the Global Supply Chain Functional Excellence function.
- Develops, grows and maintains trusted collaborative relationships with the global supply chain and regional supply chain teams to create unified improvement plans.
- Manages planning and implementation of Global Supply Chain Functional Excellence initiatives by maintaining project plans, financial models, risk mitigation plans and other project related documentation.
- Develops, manages and maintains monthly/quarterly/annual KPIs and other performance targets aligned with Global Supply Chain reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and monitor adherence to global policies and processes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo
- Persistence, perseverance and tenacity to drive change
- Self starter, who is motivated and shows initiative without constant detailed direction
- Proven ability to support change in a cross-functional or global organizational environment
- Excellent communication skills, with well-developed ability to adapt to cultural differences
- Confident and collaborative, with the ability to work proficiently within a global matrix organization, influence others and build commitment to a recommended direction
- Displays creativity and innovation in achieving results
- Practical experience and theoretical knowledge in end-to-end supply chain management
- Understands the key components of effective change management
- Familiar with Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement approaches
- Understands current supply chain best practices and related KPIs and metrics
- Proficient in cost benefit and business analysis
- Knowledge and awareness of functional interdependencies
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety
Education & Experience:
- Develops and drives the identification, design, governance and analysis of global supply chain policies, processes, standards, methods, systems, controls, and best practices
- Collaborates with stakeholders within all regions to plan and implement recommended changes
- Monitors results against benchmarks and other agreed performance targets
- Manages the interpretation and presentation of results and provides accurate and timely information to the business relevant to the decision making and planning process
- Maintain up to date project plans, financial models, risk mitigation plans and other project related documentation for Global Supply Chain Functional Excellence initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or equivalent experience in a related field
- Advanced Business Degree would be considered an asset
- Minimum 7 years of related work experience in end-to end supply chain management
- Minimum 3 years of related PMO experience
- Experience with multiple corporate systems is an asset
- Experience working as part of large scale cross-functional initiatives within larger organizations with a proven track record of supporting the implementation of supply chain strategies
- Fluency in English is required; Spanish would be considered an asset
- Consulting experience would be considered an asset
- Occasional travel (incl. internationally) may be required
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.