OverviewGrow, Learn and lead at every point in your career with KPMG.
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
Our Calgary Risk Consulting practice is growing, and we require a strong Internal Audit Risk and Compliance Manager to join our dynamic Risk Consulting team in Calgary, Alberta. We are in search of a seasoned professional whose experience not only spans the technical realm, but who also has a proven track record in leading teams and relationship management.
Our Risk Consulting services in our Advisory Services Practice help our clients' to optimize their response and resilience to risks and to expected and unexpected changes and events, whether internally generated or externally imposed. Our Risk Consulting professionals provide a range of services to support our clients' undergoing change so that growth, governance, and performance objectives are achieved. What you will do
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of client services, and support business development and practice management activities including:
- Provide a broad range of Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance services
- Assist organizations with the establishment of internal audit functions and development of risk assessments and internal audit plan including the development, implementation, and execution of internal audit plans and projects in an outsourcing or co-sourcing arrangement.
- Assist organizations with the delivery of specialized internal audit, internal control, and regulatory compliance projects. Utilizing proven methodologies and frameworks
- Delivery of internal audit training.
- Internal audit quality assessments.
- Support the development and delivery of internal audit, risk and compliance related engagement presentations and deliverables to clients.
- Manage client engagement plans, deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by engagement team members.
- Display a strong understanding of KPMG products and services and alignment of these products and services to client requirements resulting in effective identification of opportunities and in the communication of these value-added opportunities to clients.
- Assist in creating proposals, capability statements and presentations for engagement opportunities
Provide a broad range of Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance services including engagements in the area of board advisory services, risk management, and governance.
What you bring to the role
- Participate in the National Internal Audit Risk and Compliance initiatives and workstream activities.
- Participate, as appropriate, in local and national technical or industry training for KPMG people as well as for clients and business/industry conferences.
- Performance management and/or mentoring of Advisory staff to develop and grow our staff in support of our KPMG strategic focus.
- Support staff scheduling program.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve delivery quality and efficiency.
- Participate in internal Advisory staff meetings and drive practice administration initiatives.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required to travel and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a public accounting firm, advisory services delivering internal audit and/or internal control projects or services.
- Previous experience working in Power & Utilities or Oil & Gas, or Public Sector desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- In addition to an accounting designation, preference will be given to candidates with an MBA and/or CIA designation with a solid financial accounting and reporting as well as a process improvement background.
- Experience and knowledge of delivering joint venture audits, construction project audits, and/or operational audits would be an asset.
- Able to manage cross functional teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality.
- Has a high degree of enthusiasm and energy.
- Flexible in their style and willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches.
- Ability to adapt KPMG methodologies and techniques to unique client circumstances and requirements.
- Self-motivated and is willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities.
- Innovative and creative thinker and highly adaptive and flexible.
- Ability to convey concepts and services to clients.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance