Permanent Reference code
:108201 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you looking for a leadership opportunity within Internal Audit? We've got what you're looking for!What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
As a Manager in the IT & Specialized Assurance practice in Calgary, you will be responsible for a portfolio of engagements in the IT audit space (assessment of IT controls as part of the financial statement audits), other Assurance engagements (SOC 1 & 2 audits, specified procedures etc.) , IT Internal Audits and IT internal controls certification engagements related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation in the US and National Instrument 52-109 (NI 52-109 or C-SOX) in Canada.
You will also participate in coaching and developing our team members and maintaining client relationships as part of this role. While you will serve our clients in a professional manner and with the highest levels of quality, you will also participate in relationship building and business development activities that will help further our growth agenda and plan. About the team
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organizations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations. Our team is dedicated to solving clients' challenges and addressing risks, particularly as they relate to IT risks and compliance. We have a very talented team in place that is proficient in skills sets and backgrounds required for IT audits, assurance and advisory engagements and are passionate about serving clients and help address their issues and challenges that they are facing. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has: / You are someone with:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Completed a professional designation such as the CPA, CRISC, CISA, CIA or CISSP
- At least 5-8 years of experience in performing IT Audits, other Assurance engagements (SOC 1, SOC 2, agreed upon procedures), IT Internal Audits and IT controls advisory (SOX / C-SOX)
- Experience with a Big 4 firm in performance of IT audits in accordance with established methodologies and standards set by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the Canadian Public Accounting Board (CPAB)
- Experience in setting up / conducting readiness assessments for SOC 1 & 2 audits and SOX and C-SOX engagements, especially related to IT controls
- Passionate about and track record of strong client service delivery and business or practice development and sales that provides newer and additional opportunities our team
- A great team player who goes the extra mile to develop our team members through coaching, mentoring, training and other professional development initiatives
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Internal Audit, Accounting, CPA, Developer, Manager, Finance, Technology, Management
Management and Executive