Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax and lead projects? Then this opportunity is for you! What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager of the M&A Tax team you will lead tax projects connected with business deals. You will run due diligence assignments. You will assist in constructing tax efficient transaction steps to execute transactions for strategic and private equity buyers and sellers. You will be involved in a facets of deal execution including constructing financial models and reviewing transaction documents from tax perspective.About the team
The M&A Tax team includes both accountants and lawyers focused on bringing tax advice to clients in a fast paced, vibrant environment where new problems and questions arise every day. We advise our clients on a wide range of corporate transactions including acquisitions, divestments, recapitalizations, financing, business development, initial public offering, privatization, negotiations and equity capital raisings. We work together as a team using our experience and resources of Deloitte, both nationally and internationally, to bring the best possible advice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
• Manager level experience in a Canadian Tax practice in another accounting firm or law firm
• Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience - ideally with exposure to M&A Tax
• Strong organization skills - ability to prioritize work demands, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• A demonstrated confidence in unstructured environments
• Experience with identifying issues and developing solutions, managing client expectations, engagement economics and team leadershipOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounting, Equity, Developer, M&A, Tax, Finance, Technology, Management
Apply now "
Accounting Management and Executive