[[filter6]] Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax and lead projects? Then this opportunity is for you! What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager of the M&A Tax team you will lead tax projects connected with business deals. You will run due diligence assignments. You will assist in constructing tax efficient transaction steps to execute corporate and asset transactions for strategic and private equity buyers and sellers. You will be involved in a facets of deal execution including constructing financial models and reviewing transaction documents from tax perspective.About the team
The M&A Tax team in Calgary includes both accountants and lawyers focused on bringing tax advice to clients in a fast paced, vibrant environment where new problems and questions arise every day. We advise our clients on a wide range of corporate activities including acquisitions, divestments, recapitalizations, financing, business development, negotiations and equity capital raisings. To solve these problems, we work together as a team using our experience and the resources of Deloitte, both nationally and internationally, to bring the best possible advice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
- The CPA designation or a law degree
- Manager level experience in a Canadian Tax practice in another accounting firm or law firm
- Completed or enrolled in a Canadian Master of Taxation program or the CPA Canada In-depth Tax program
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience - ideally with exposure to M&A Tax
- Strong organization skills - ability to prioritize work demands, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- A demonstrated confidence in unstructured environments
- Experience with identifying issues and developing solutions, managing client expectations, engagement economics and team leadership
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by [insert date]
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production