Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
At Monitor Deloitte, Managers are leaders within the practice - principally responsible for business development and overall project delivery leadership. Managers are also expected to possess deep industry knowledge and skill expertise such that they are viewed both internally and externally as "subject matter experts". Additionally, Managers also play an internal role in firm management, supporting practice-building initiatives and actively contributing to the practice's distinct culture as organizational role models.
Specifically, our Managers:
- Build long term relationships with senior executive clients (i.e., C-suite, EVP, SVP level).
- Identify and lead business development opportunities.
- Set the intellectual agenda for all client engagements for which they are responsible.
- Assume overall leadership in the delivery of projects, supported by a core team of Consultants.
- Offer deep expertise in areas of specialization - specific to particular industries and skill-sets.
- Cultivate an internal and external brand as a leading business advisor.
- Apply a strong knowledge of multiple industry trends and business practices.
- Contribute to the growth and development of their practice.
- Actively participates in professional association, industry, firm and community events.
- Create a learning environment through leadership, participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs.
- Assume internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development).
- Actively mentor and coach team members and other junior resources across the practice.
External Posting Qualifications
We are looking for high-performing and dynamic candidates who possess a successful track record as well as the following requirements:
- A strong academic record with MBA or comparable graduate degree preferred.
- At least 6 years' professional experience.
- Must be able to advise clients operating in multiple industries.
- Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through complex engagements.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Experienced in business development.
- Strong interest and committment in developing and growing the practice in Calgary.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Exceptional intellectual horsepower, including strong critical thinking skills, analytical abilities, and the capacity for lateral/creative thinking.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English (French facility is desired, but not mandatory).
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership.
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities.
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- A sense of altruism.
- Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada.
- The ability to enter the USA and work on client assignments is an asset.
- The ability to enter Chile and work on client assignments is an asset.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply