Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary The Opportunity
With growing levels of market disruption and uncertainty, our clients are seeing the increasing importance of shifting away from traditional hierarchies towards more adaptable, outcome-focused, organizational structures. Today, organizations must better understand how they exist within, and take advantage of, a broader ecosystem - and how they can continue to evolve, grow, and adapt within it. It is time to REIMAGINE organizations
The Human Capital practice in Calgary is currently seeking a Manager to join their Organizational Design (OD) team. As a Manager, you are joining the largest Org Design practice in Canada, tackling some of the most complex strategic and organizational challenges facing our clients. You are playing a key role in how we support and guide our clients across a breadth of industries. And you have the opportunity to leverage leading research, analytics, technology, and industry insights to impact the future of work. You are part of an inclusive team that loves collaborating, taking on challenges and exceeding expectations.
Some of the responsibilities attributable to this role include (but are not limited to):
As a manager at Deloitte, you:
- Developing and implement organization strategies that support improved client future-state organizational design and service delivery
- Leveraging industry knowledge and commercial insight to serve as a trusted senior advisor to client team and consulting team through the Organization Design and / or transformation process
- Managing the process for preparing organization design alternatives, testing them against design criteria, and aligning leadership groups around design selection and implementation
- Applying the insights from analytic and visualization tools to assess the impact of varying design and decision solutions
- Managing the process of identifying, assigning, and implementing decision making authority and responsibility to both individuals (decision rights) and groups (governance)
- Preparing workforce transition plans and programs, including strategies to transition talent at all levels
- Designing jobs and roles, create competency models and career paths to aid in the selection and transition of employees
- Serving as a trusted advisor to clients through the organization transformation process
- Leading and contributing to practice development initiatives including culture building, team & community engagement, eminence, talent acquisition, research, etc.
- Driving business development efforts, including Statements of Work (SOW), proposal development, client presentations, etc.
- Acting in a mentorship & sponsorship capacity to support the career development of Org Design and Human Capital colleagues
- Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong ability in understanding how organizations function, and how human capital and organization effectiveness are enabled.
In addition, the following skills, qualifications and experiences are recommended:
- Embrace and live the firm's purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
- Previous professional services / consulting experience within a reputable firm.
- Completed undergraduate degree (e.g. Business, Organizational Behaviour, Psychology, etc.) with outstanding academic credentials.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in organization design or a relevant, adjacent field, eg-
- OD Strategy,
- Organizational Transformation,
- Business Transformation,
- Analytics / Business Intelligence,
- Human Resources Strategy,
- Executive compensation.
- Comfort with combining both qualitative and quantitative analysis to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi priorities and deliver commitments on time
- A willingness to travel within Canada as/if required.
- Bilingualism is also an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Manufacturing and Production