EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY's Finance Performance Improvement group helps clients with business and internal finance performance through a focus on providing business advisory services that achieve measurable benefits in operational effectiveness and strategic decision making.
As a Finance Performance Improvement Manager, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. With guidance from partners, you'll identify potential business opportunities for EY. You will develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs.
By drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll provide innovative commercial insights for clients and contribute to thought leadership. You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives.
In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
• Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in the energy industry EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• Establish objectives and scope of work; establish the engagement budget; and take responsibility for the overall execution of the project through wrap-up and final report delivery
• Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel
• Actively participate in business development activities
• Stay abreast of current industry and economic developments relevant to the client's business
• Actively participate in the development of industry thought leadership
• Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership.
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
To qualify for this challenging and rewarding opportunity, candidates must have:
• a bachelor's degree in business, engineering, computer science, or a related field
• a post graduate degree or relevant professional designation (i.e. MBA, CA CPA)
• a minimum of 8 years experience in industry or with a recognized consulting firm
• experience within the Oil & Gas or Utilities industries
• fluency in English (oral and written)
• strong analytical and problem solving skills
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
• strong project management skills
• willingness to travel to meet client needs