Ready to deliver world class networks and innovative solutions?
Join our team
This is a transformational opportunity to work on TELUS' #1 strategic investment; delivering a world-class customer experience by expanding our PureFibre infrastructure directly to homes and businesses across B.C., Alberta and Quebec.
We are on a mission to ensure speed and capacity for generations to come, and to create the foundation for access to future solutions like the connected home, smart cities, and our TELUS Health applications. The specific area of transformation you will be facilitating is working closely with our build partner(s) to maximize the build efficiency, increase schedule predictability and identify unit cost efficiencies while driving sustainable & strong engagement with our partners.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As Manager - Planning & Engineering, you will be leading a highly engaged world class engineering team with focus on transformation, detailed planning, municipality engineering guidelines, quality of customer experience, time to revenue, cost effectiveness and schedule predictability. You will be accountable and responsible for -
• Setting the direction for PureFibre footprint premise build boundaries
• Driving, managing and controlling capital budgets associated with the delivery of premises, with an appetite to accelerate revenue generating opportunities for the business
• Developing and enhancing working knowledge of subject matter to support team members in leading innovative concepts and automation initiatives
• Establishing strong relationships with external stakeholders such as vendors, partners, municipalities, and utilities.
You will collaborate with both a core program team and cross-functional teams to support the following key activities:
• Creating and executing a robust end-to-end plan at the community level to support our broadband build
• Strategizing well-integrated plans for build that support the launch of the community for fibre enabled services aligned with our marketing outcome goals
• Proactively assessing and managing risks across all streams (inside build, outside build, procurement, finance, project management, and peer planning & engineering teams)
• Frequently interacting with team members, peers and partners at management levels, with a passion to gain cooperation of others through presentations of technical information
• Diligently managing capital budget associated with community level fibre overbuild, including assessment of quotes, change orders and invoices
• Advancing new initiative/process evolution by ensuring operational readiness in terms of resource management, skills augmentation, tools, and processes that will guarantee high levels of customer satisfaction and business benefit
• Initiating and supporting automation activities aimed at increasing cost efficiencies and reducing low value scope of work on the team Here's how
• You have a Customers First passion with strong management/leadership skills and financial acumen
• You have solid understanding of telecommunication networks, engineering and construction processes, and related technologies
• You have an innovative thought process with the ability to drive successful change across the organization
• You provide day-to-day leadership support to a geographically diverse team and have experience in leading virtual teams
• You have a clear vision and ability to frame differing viewpoints, supported by monthly reporting and scorecard/dashboard metrics
• You champion root-cause analysis for inefficiencies and implement improvements as part of ongoing team culture
• Superior understanding of telecommunication networks, business planning and large scale capital programs
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate ideas, concepts or complex issues in a clear and concise manner to internal and external audiences
• Relationship building skills, including the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels inside and outside the organization
• Excellent project management methods, principles and practices with a demonstrated ability to execute on complex projects, meet project timelines,and realize deliverables
• Effective contract negotiations skills
• Familiarity with organizational planning and employee engagement dynamics
• Highly self-directed with the ability to work in the face of ambiguity and complexity
• Ability to prioritize in a dynamic changing environment and meet tight deadlines under pressure
• Capable of influencing across all levels of the organization
• Fast learner with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Related degree or equivalent related experience
• Experience interfacing with customers to resolve customer service issues
Our Planning and Engineering team is a dedicated group of high performing individuals who contribute to make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include high speed access, wireless, security and Optik TV. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need. Qualifications:You're the missing piece of the puzzle
•Have a passion to lead, motivate and bring the best out of team members
•Effective written and verbal communication skills, and top notch presentation development capabilities
•Excellent analytical and presentation skills with the ability to present strategic options in a clear concise manner for maximum impact
•Admired for your ability to present complex concepts to senior leaders
•Commended for your ability to facilitate cross-functional stakeholder sessions
•Known for your strong analytical and problem solving abilities
•Deliver new capabilities and overcome obstacles by engaging diverse stakeholders and experts in sharing information
•High level of professionalism and enthusiasm
•Stellar work ethic and results-oriented
•Life-long learner and embraces curiosity
•10+ years of equivalent experience Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.