You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Are you a talented leader with a proven track record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional client service?
KPMG Restructuring & Turnaround offers a comprehensive range of restructuring and turnaround services. We provide guidance on financial restructuring and insolvency matters for companies facing adverse conditions, as well as bondholders, creditors' committees, single creditor classes and secured creditors. Our direction and leadership are provided with a view to achieving lasting operational and performance improvement. KPMG also acts in a fiduciary capacity in formal insolvency proceedings including receiverships, CCAA and bankruptcy proceedings. Our service team also includes turnaround work and interim management roles.
We are seeking a strong professional at the Manager level to join our Calgary team.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process. What you will do
- Conduct financial analysis (including development of complex financial models) of companies in a variety of industries, including review of operations and cash flow.
- Participate in independent business reviews and assist in restructuring/refinancing of underperforming companies.
- Take possession and securing of assets, including assisting in receivership activities.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of reports.
- Communicate directly with a variety of parties including clients, other advisors and stakeholders.
- Assist with proactive business development initiatives.
- Provide analytical and market research information.
- Educate clients on legislative and compliance issues.
- Use negotiation skills to identify common ground and potential solutions beneficial to all parties.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Employees may also need to travel for client engagements. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- 2-3 years of experience in restructuring and insolvency experience.
- 1-2 years of experience at a Manager level or equivalent at a recognized professional firm.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA).
- CIRP certification and Trustee License in progress.
- Professional designation in Accounting, CPA designation would be an asset.
- Ability to work collegially as part of a high-performing team.
- Ability to prepare detailed, functional financial models, including financial projections.
- Strong technical ability and a conscientious approach to assignments.
- Good business judgment and strong analytical skills and computer skills (particularly, modeling in Excel).
- A willingness to take on key responsibilities in a fast-paced intensive work environment.
- Demonstrated skill in managing conflicting demands and priorities.
- Ability to manage client expectations over level and speed of service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel both within Canada and internationally as required.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral & written), with the ability to interact confidently with all levels of management
- Demonstrated project or engagement management ability to plan and execute projects/engagements to a successful conclusion
- Proven track record with the types of business development activities and an established network of relevant contacts
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance