EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality, and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction, and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our Advisory Services team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today's complex business environment that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives. EY's Advisory Services is a $4 billion global practice with 18,000 professionals. With an overall Advisory market of $150 billion, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential.
At EY we are committed to building a better working world and provide ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning, and individually tailored coaching. As a part of that, we develop our people and equip them with the skills to be successful, versatile business leaders.
The Major Capital Projects ("MCP") Advisory group is a domain within the Advisory practice, which specializes in advising clients on realizing capital efficiencies and reducing capital costs and business risks surrounding their capital projects, with a focus on assessing contractual agreements and vendor performance on these capital projects. Typical clients for our MCP group include companies in the Utilities, Oil & Gas, Construction, and Mining industries. Our MCP group's service offerings include:
• Vendor and contract audits Responsibilities
• On-site contract management services
• Robotic Process Automation
• Project cost, schedule and risk management services
• Supply chain management assessments
• Project management process and control assessments
• Assistance with claims and dispute resolutions through identification and reduction of cost overcharges
• Demonstrate expertise in processes and principles relating to project management, project delivery, contracts, and risk management. Qualifications
• Be dedicated to teamwork and leadership by fostering a collaborative work environment.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients and continuously work to understand their industries, key performance drivers, business priorities and trends.
• Stay informed of new economic/geopolitical developments and their impact on your clients and the industry.
• Support the practice by pursuing new business opportunities, preparing proposals and actively assessing/presenting ways we can serve and bring value to new and existing clients.
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, increase projects performance metrics and enhance service delivery.
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills in alignment with your personal career goals.
• Review work performed by staff and senior consultants, participate in performance reviews, and contribute to on-the-job feedback/training.
• Take an active role in mentoring, counseling, and developing the team.
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
• Maintain quality control of deliverables, and maintain engagement schedule, budgets, and billings.
• Respect/protect client information.
• A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Business, Finance, Construction Management, Supply Chain, Architecture, Engineering or a related field. EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• A minimum of 5-10 years of related experience.
• Previous consulting, construction, supply chain or oil and gas experience and/or internal audit is required.
• Completion of, or actively working to obtain, one of the following certifications is mandatory (CPA/CA, CBCP, CFA, CGA, CGEIT, CIA, CISA, CISM, CIPP, CISSP, CITP, CMA, CMC, CPCU, CRISC, PMP, or P.Eng)
• Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
• Strong proficiency with data mining software (e.g. ACL, Alteryx, etc.) is a plus.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic.
• Experience and interest in mentoring and professional development.
• Proven experience in business development and sales in the construction or related industry is a plus.
• Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
• Integrity within a professional environment.
Posted: December 15, 2018
Closes: February 13, 2019