At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Edmonton team is looking for a highly motivated IT Audit professional at a Manager/Senior Manager level to join our team! As a member of KPMG Canada's cross-functional TRC team, you will be dedicated to enabling our clients' cyber transformation journey through service delivery leadership, advisory, and support.
This role could be a great fit if you:
- Are driven to help clients solve meaningful challenges and build impactful solutions that "move the needle" for both business and society;
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial setting;
- Are invested in innovation, strategy, and emerging "exponential" tech;
- Are a natural storyteller and skilled communicator across various mediums and are confident interacting with clients.
At KPMG we continue to be a virtual first work environment; however, this role is required to be located in Edmonton. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings.
Find out more about KPMG's Technology Risk Consulting practice. What you will do
As a Manager/Senior Manager, you'll lead and work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What you bring to the role
- Support key services including general/application control audits/assessments, compliance with SOC 1 / SOC 2 / SOC 3 audits of controls, Cybersecurity/Technology Risk, IT infrastructure security reviews, project governance reviews and ISO assessments.
- Review new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls:
- Lead field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring staff members.
- Maintain sharing of knowledge through tool development, template enhancements and methodology enhancements.
- Identify and implement improvements in existing processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the risks and the adequacy of controls associated with IT, applications, operating systems, databases and interfaces and business cycle controls
- Interact with various clients to understand their environments and needs; manage expectations of clients and different managers/partners.
We will look to you to bring a blend of knowledge, training, and experience, including:
What makes you stand out:
- Completion of one or a combination of the following designations: CPA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk, ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Strong understanding and experience with business process controls, IT General controls (ITGCs) and controls-based audits/assessment (e.g. CSAE 3416, CSAE 3000, or SSAE 18) is required.
- Experience testing of controls in different IT environments.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or other leading cloud providers.
- Good understanding of Industry standards and frameworks such as COBIT, ISO 27001 and 27002, NIST and COSO.
- Experience with developing client relationships, general project management, and team leadership.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of business risks, IT risks, and audit risks.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to create factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences.
- Ability to prioritize workloads, remain flexible, and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment while supporting multiple, simultaneous programs.
- Self-starter who can develop strategic direction, plan effective tactics and deliver results.
Keys to your success:
- You are an exceptional communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to deliver professional communications, presentations, reports and documentation;
- You see the big picture both as a collaborative consultant and as an internal contributor. You are motivated to create practical and cost-effective solutions that are relevant to your clients' objectives and challenges;
- You have developed a reputation as a knowledgeable professional in your area, possess a solution orientated and analytical mindset, and enjoy guiding others through complex and at times ambiguous challenges;
- You have fine-tuned your leadership skills and are comfortable leading diverse teams, overseeing a variety of engagements, as well as managing and coordinating expectations of stakeholders;
- You are a self-starter that takes initiative to contribute to the overall performance and success of the practice;
- You have developed a strong professional brand and presence in Technology Risk Consulting, and regularly contribute to and participate in events.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .