Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto
Deloitte's M&A Consulting practice delivers comprehensive consulting services and comprises S&O (Strategy & Operations), Technology, and Human Capital experts. Working collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams, our practitioners are involved through all phases of the M&A lifecycle, including: strategy, operational readiness, due-diligence, pre- and post-close planning and execution, and follow-on transformation.
To support our rapidly growing practice, we are seeking the best and the brightest individuals to join our high performing team. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
M&A Supply Chain
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal and professional integrity, and commitment to collaboration.
- Outstanding executive presence, with the ability to project confidence, establish credibility with, and influence, clients at all levels.
- Possess financial acumen and technology fluency.
- Demonstrate robust analytical thinking and problem solving to make and support decisions with confidence.
- Be a strategic thinker and see the big picture, whilst not losing sight of the details.
Our M&A Supply Chain practitioners support our clients in a number of ways throughout the deal lifecycle. This range of services include: end-to-end supply chain assessments in the context of the impending merger or divestiture; supply chain, distribution centre, and transportation sourcing optimization, with consideration of financial and operational impacts; identification of synergies in the post-merger supply chain; operational and commercial due diligence; post-close integration/separation planning and execution to minimize disruption to the business, including Day 1 readiness and execution.
The Supply Chain Manager
will primarily focus on clients' Supply Chain related initiatives throughout the M&A lifecycle. The role both supports Senior Managers and Partners, and also manages junior M&A Consulting practitioners. As a Manager within the M&A Consulting team, you will have multiple responsibilities, and are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways:
- Engagement management: Support engagement leaders with engagement scoping, planning, the management of engagement economics and risks; manage engagement teams; develop deliverable structure and content; support buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; deliver on-time, high-quality engagement work products; demonstrate behaviours synonymous with our brand promise, while focusing on exceptional quality of service.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with stakeholders: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; and establish and sustain long-term relationships with clients at a senior level.
- Strategic direction and performance drive: Understand key objectives of both the client and Deloitte, align team members to objectives, and set priorities and direction to deliver exceptional client services.
- Contribute to practice development and eminence: Participate in the creation of practical solutions and methodologies; support and contribute to the development of "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; and participate in or support industry and eminence events sponsored by the firm.
- Talent development: Develop high performing people and teams by being a counselor and coach for junior team members, provide input into the staffing process, participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, and provide support for delivery teams and staff.
- Develop core offering expertise: Leverage deep personal expertise in M&A and Supply Chain service offerings to support sales pursuits and develop marketplace eminence.
- Sales and business development: Participate in business development activities, manage pursuit teams, participate in aspects of the proposal development process, and support the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of relevant experience leading up to a similar role in consulting or industry, or
- Master's degree with 4+ years of relevant experience leading up to a similar role in consulting or industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of team lead or management experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience related to logistics & distribution.
- Proven experience in identifying key client supply chain requirements and issues, determining client needs, evaluating and validating analyses, and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the engagement.
- Experience with supply chain assessments, business process improvement, transportation sourcing, or distribution centre design, and familiarity with relevant supporting supply chain technologies (e.g. WMS/TMS/order management and inventory planning tools).
- Experience delivering, within a transaction context, best-in-class logistics & distribution strategy projects, operations assessments, and transformations.
- Experience and ability to work with ambiguous and changing requirements and constraints.
- Experience developing materials for, and facilitating, large cross-functional workshops regarding the planning and implementation of M&A supply chain integration and separation projects, attended by senior stakeholders.
- Strong program management skills with experience managing complex programs, prioritizing strategic objectives and decomposing them into work packages, managing risks and issues, and ultimately driving project success.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including complex RFP responses, presentations, and the use of tools such as MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Visio.
- Experience with budget and resource planning and management using tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, and MS SharePoint.
Additional preferred qualifications, capabilities, and experience:
- Proven ability in leading engagement teams in the development of high quality deliverables.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and assignments while demonstrating strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the capacity to exercise mature judgment.
- Experience advising clients, managing tasks, executing projects, and delivering results.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse team of talented technology, functional, and business advisors.
- Be a proponent of an open and inclusive workplace that values contribution to practice growth and development from employees of all experience levels.
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 80% of the time (Monday-Thursday).
- An engineering or MBA degree strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma certification(s), and experience implementing Lean, Continuous Improvement, and Agile tools and methodologies are assets.
- Experience working in the Financial Services Industry or Energy and Resources sectors.
- Highly proficient in supporting cross-functional project management, contingency planning, and Day 1 planning to help execute large supply chain projects for mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Experience guiding clients on key concepts and strategies for M&A engagements, including but not limited to operations/infrastructure consolidation and separation, stranded cost analyses, business continuity during transformation, and synergy identification and capture.
- Ability to support the development of a growing team, with an exceptional culture.
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated supply chain implications within one or more industries.
- Experience leading the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply