OverviewIf you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
Our Calgary Tax Transformation & Technology practice
is currently seeking a Manager
to join this innovative and forward-thinking team. In this role, you will work with a variety of clients across different industries to help our clients re-imagine tax operations and bridge the gap between tax and technology by focusing on solutions that support automation, efficiency and value-based work. You will have the opportunity to work with like-minded professionals as we transform our clients' tax function through business intelligence solutions, data solutions, tax provisioning software, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, SharePoint and cloud solutions. The world is digital, and so is KPMG .
Although this role supports our Calgary Tax Practice, we will consider candidates across Canada as the successful candidate could work virtually.
#LI-Remote What you will do
Canadian companies are lagging behind their peers from around the world in their use of technology to optimize their tax function. We're here to help our clients' reach a superior tax model. As a member of our Tax Transformation & Technology team, you will take a lead role in:
What you bring to the role
- Data enablement - Identify, collect, and transform data across our client's organization into tax ready formats - reducing or eliminating non-value add hours from cycle times.
- Data analytics - Exploratory data analysis and applying advanced analytics techniques to identify weaknesses in business and tax processes that may require remediation or improvement.
- Workflow management - Implementing workflow management tools to provide our clients with a secure, structured environment to monitor and control tax and statutory compliance, reporting requirements, and positions.
- Integrating tax software and tools - Implementation of technologies, including integration with upstream systems.
- Enhancing functionality of existing platforms - Advising clients how to maximize the use of their existing platforms and/or technology.
- Design and implement tax systems and data gathering solutions for tax provisions, compliance, and planning
- Assess and improve processes and flow of data related to these systems/solutions
- Develop tax technology roadmaps and tax system selection criteria to assist in client tax transformation initiatives
- Maintain knowledge with respect to technical tax issues, accounting standards, and emerging technologies
- Develop and maintain project plans and perform other project management functions including liaising with client project teams
- Assist in business development related to these tax services
- Build and manage strong client relationships
- Set the standard for junior staff by providing ongoing mentoring, support and opportunities for professional development.
- 5 years of tax experience gained in a well-regarded audit, tax, or advisory services firm, or industry experience
- Broad range of knowledge and experience in tax and accounting, ideally with tax reporting and compliance, including tax audits
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams concurrently
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Demonstrated communication and leadership skills, including the ability to lead/ mentor team members, oversee projects, and interact effectively with clients
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited post secondary institution.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Professional Accounting designation with knowledge of accounting and financial background is considered an asset
- Experience with tax provision and compliance solutions such as ONESOURCE Tax Provision, Longview Tax, TRCS, or Corptax is considered an asset
- Experience with software development using Excel VBA, Power Query, Alteryx, SQL databases, or other reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and Hyperion Smart View is considered an asset
- Exposure to pre-sales cycle and business development conversations is considered an asset.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.