Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto
Deloitte's M&A Consulting practice delivers comprehensive consulting services and comprises Strategy & Operations (S&O), Technology, and Human Capital experts. Working collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams, our practitioners are involved through all phases of the M&A lifecycle, including: strategy, operational readiness, due diligence, pre- and post-close integration/separation planning and execution, and follow-on transformation.
To support our rapidly growing practice, we are seeking the best and the brightest individuals to join our high performing team. Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Personal and professional integrity, commitment to collaboration, and exceptional communication skills
- Robust analytical thinking and problem solving, paired with financial acumen and technology fluency
- Outstanding executive presence, with the ability to project confidence, establish credibility with, and influence, clients at all level.
As one of the most complex events in a company's lifecycle, an M&A event demands meticulous planning and execution. Our IT M&A practitioners help identify opportunities and risks during due diligence; plan and implement post-close integration/separation activities; develop and deliver post-deal transformation strategies. Deloitte offers a range of technology services such as IT PMO, solution design, data disposition, app and data conversions, and contract management and sourcing.
The IT M&A Manager
will primarily focus on supporting the execution of IT initiatives throughout the M&A lifecycle. The IT Manager will collaborate with senior leaders and also manage junior M&A Consulting practitioners. Additionally, you will have multiple other responsibilities, and are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways:
- Engagement management: Support engagement leaders with engagement scoping, planning, the management of engagement economics and risks; manage engagement teams; develop deliverable structure and content; support buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with stakeholders: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; and establish and sustain long-term relationships with clients at a senior level.
- Contribute to practice development and eminence: Participate in the creation of practical solutions and methodologies; support and contribute to the development of "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; and participate in or support industry and eminence events sponsored by the firm.
- Talent development: Develop high performing people and teams by being a counselor and coach for junior team members, provide input into the staffing process, participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, and provide support for delivery teams and staff.
- Develop core offering expertise: Leverage deep personal expertise in M&A and Technology service offerings to support sales pursuits and develop marketplace eminence.
- Sales and business development: Participate in business development activities, manage pursuit teams, participate in aspects of the proposal development process, and support the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of relevant experience in a similar role in consulting or industry, or
- Master's degree with 4+ years of relevant experience in a similar role in consulting or industry
- A minimum of 2 years of team lead or management experience
- Participation in one or more M&A projects with demonstrated expertise in key IT focus areas such as:
- IT infrastructure separation
- Data center migration
- Application integration / separation / rationalization
- IT synergies / cost reductio
- Demonstrated proficiency across critical components of IT (e.g., infrastructure, applications, IT operations, IT finances and expenses, information security, end-user computing, messaging, enterprise architecture, testing)
- Experience developing materials for, and facilitating, large cross-functional workshops regarding the planning and implementation of IT integration and separation projects, attended by senior stakeholders
- Highly proficient in supporting cross-functional project management, contingency planning, and Day 1 cutover planning and execution for technology deployment, integrations, and divestitures
- Proven experience in identifying key client business issues, determining client needs, evaluating and validating analyses, and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the engagement
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous and changing requirement
- Proven ability in leading engagement teams in the development of high-quality deliverable.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse team of talented technology, functional, and business advisor.
- Be a proponent of an open and inclusive workplace that values contribution to practice growth and development from employees of all experience levels
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 80% of the time (Monday-Thursday)
Additional preferred qualifications, capabilities, and experience:
- Experience guiding clients on key concepts and strategies for M&A engagements, including but not limited to stranded cost analyses, demanding timelines, business continuity during transformation, synergy identification and capture, and system cutovers
- Ability to support the development of a growing team, with an exceptional culture
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Experience working in the Financial Services Industry or Energy and Resources sectors
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019