Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transaction Support Manager, you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of transaction specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients. The opportunity
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
You'll be part of the Transaction Support team which provides clients with the financial and strategic transaction assistance to ensure the success of their transaction. Our TS teams assist clients throughout the entire transaction process. While traditional financial due diligence is a key element of the service, TS is much broader, incorporating transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion integration.
Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance, and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. Our TS teams assist clients throughout the entire transaction process. Skills and attributes for success
• Participate in due diligence in buy and sell side engagements related to acquisitions or divestitures by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate players.
• Analyse financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management
• Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information
• Identify issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination
• Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements
• Evaluate effects of seasonality on cash flow requirements. Perform industry and company research
• Correlate due diligence findings with client valuations.
• Analyse carve-out issues, as applicable relating to a buy-side or sell-side project
• Work with our clients throughout the year, not just when a deal arises
• Build relationships with our client's key decision makers
• Provide clients with an integrated team that can address financial, tax, IT, operational, employee benefit, market, competitor, and management matters
• Work with other TS team members to analyze financial transaction drivers such as EBITDA, operating performance, working capital valuation, related party transactions, forecast analysis, etc.
• Supervise staff effectively. Provide constructive feedback/training and conduct performance reviews
• Project manage a multidisciplinary team of professionals and coordinate the development of client deliverables.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting and/or related major. Ideally, you'll also have
• CPA or CA, CPA certification
• Minimum 5 years of accounting experience
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel within Canada and US
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills What we look for
• Dedication to teamwork
• Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.