A day in the life...
Responsibilities will include conducting various tests on asphalt pavements, concrete, aggregates and various soils in both field and laboratory environment. This assignment is excellent for those individuals that want to get out in the field and be part of large scale construction projects.
This position will require working on out of town projects. In addition, the incumbent will:
What you will bring to WSP....
- Construction monitoring on projects including, excavations, subgrade inspection, shallow foundations, pile monitoring (cast-in-place concrete, driven steel, etc.
- WSP works on some of the largest construction projects in Alberta including the West Valley Line LRT Project in Edmonton, Strathcona County numerous oil sands projects in Fort McMurray.
- Preparation of inspection reports and data entry.
- Follow WSP's Project Review, Ethics and Safety Policies.
- Construction monitoring of roads, pads, buildings etc.
- Field Concrete testing
- Field Compaction testing
- Lab Work
- Sieve Analysis
- Cylinder Breaking
- CSA calibrations
- Moisture Contents
- Maintain orderliness of laboratory.
- Driver's License
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to do a variety of tasks and able to prioritize
- CSA Safety boots required
- Ability to work in the laboratory and office settings
- Light to moderate lifting may be required
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians