EDMONTON The Opportunity:
BE PART OF THE EDMONTON WEST VALLEY LINE LRT PROJECT!
WSP E&I is pleased to providing Materials Testing Services to this high-profile project which is anticipated to last about 6 years.
In this role, you will support the Certified Materials Testing Laboratory (concrete, soils, asphalt) by conducting field and laboratory testing services within and around Edmonton and Northern Albert.
With opportunities for multiple Materials Technicians on our team, this is an exceptional opportunity to develop your career and experience in the engineering and construction with WSP on a world class project in your own hometown! A day in the life:
As a member of the Materials team, you will be conducting various tests on asphalt pavements, concrete, aggregates and various soils in both the laboratory and field environment.
A day in your life will include:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Maintaining the orderliness of laboratory
- Preparation of inspection reports and data entry
- Following WSP's Project Review, Ethics and Safety Policies
- Field Concrete testing
- Field Compaction testing
- In the lab, your work will include:
- Sieve Analysis
- Cylinder Breaking
- CSA calibrations
- Moisture Contents
- Unconfined compression testing
- In this role, you will occasionally work out of town on projects. As such, flexibility and ability to work away from home as needed is an important consideration for this role.
- Completion of an Engineering Technology Program is preferred, but not necessary
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience is required
- Preference will be given to those with previous experience in the construction industry
- Familiarity with test procedures for concrete, aggregate, soil and asphalt
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- A reliable and punctual approach to work and tasks
- A willingness to do a variety of tasks and able to prioritize
- Ability to work in the laboratory and office settings
- Ability to undertake light to moderate lifting
- CSA Safety boots required
- Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License valid in Alberta and a good driving record (driving abstract required)
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians