BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH US!
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join Tolko Industries, you are signing on with an industry leader in world markets that has built success through three generations with over 3000 employees and growing. We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation where people succeed as our most valuable resource. Our structure and culture encourage innovation, growth, and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice environmental sustainability.
For more information visit www.tolko.com.POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Mechanical Team Leader is responsible for providing direction in regards to the activities of the mechanical maintenance team with the objective of maximizing equipment availability, reliability and uptime at minimum cost. In addition this position will focus on continuous improvement initiatives to optimize maintenance functions.
The Mechanical Team Leader is charged with supporting the execution of maintenance work through the scheduling, coordinating and directing of maintenance work orders. Coordinates the availability of facilities and equipment to be worked on, ensures parts, materials, special tools, and equipment as well as personnel with the appropriate skills for orderly and efficient work execution. Ensures proper documentation of work performed is provided in accordance with standard practices used.
- Support and explore innovative ideas that further Tolko’s strategic plan;
- Act on opportunities to maximize plant uptime and production through effective utilization of resources;
- Work closely with other departments for process improvements and problem solving;
- Review equipment histories in order to submit overhaul recommendations and the annual overhaul schedule for the equipment;
- Review blueprints, as needed, to determine that prints are correct.
- Millwright certification with a provincial or inter-provincial ticket;
- Good working knowledge of OSB manufacturing, continuous process operations, large industrial machinery, and 24-hour operations;
- Experience working with hydraulic systems;
- Extensive supervisory experience in an industrial production environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance systems;
- Proven ability to assist operations with maximizing productivity of equipment, people and resources as it relates to their area of responsibility.
- Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Live where you work
- Work at a company where safety is a core value
- Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings. #CB