At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees. Millwright Job Description and Responsibilities: We are currently looking for an experienced full-time Millwright to join our team at our EVRAZ facility in Red Deer, Alberta. The successful individual should be able to repair, troubleshoot and install machinery and equipment using different tools and/or equipment. The ability to read repair documents, manuals, blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures is required. The ideal candidate should also be able to track work/back up roll bearing maintenance and repair using our maintenance management system.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of plant equipment
- Keep accurate and legible records and maintain a clean and safe work area
- Perform all work in a safe manner by strictly following all safety procedures
- Qualified as Journeyman Millwright - IP Red Seal preferred
- Experience using all sizes of air impact and electric wrenches, all pipe fitting tools and equipment; i.e. sockets and ratchets, hoists, both electric and manual; jackhammer; cutting torches; welding equipment
- 4 years of experience in heavy industrial plant maintenance, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings
- Aptitude for setting up, tearing down, and rebuilding machinery and equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use computer programs
- Excellent written, oral communication and organizational skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Basic math skills, some exposure to geometry, trigonometry preferred
- Successful completion of ergonomics evaluation
- Specific training on bearing maintenance, inspection and assembly, preferred
- Ivara specific training to set up tracking programs with documents, tasks and procedures, preferred
- Familiarity with predictive maintenance tools (vibration analysis, thermographic imaging, ultra sound, laser alignment, etc.) an asset.
Competitive compensation offered.
- - Successful completion of a drug and alcohol test and pre-employment physical (audiometric testing, vision and strength);
- - Criminal background check;
- - Minimum high school diploma or GED;
- - 12 shifts (48 and 36 week 1 and 2);
- - Must be available for day and evening shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!