Company: Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: Reporting to the Technology Implementation Manager, the Mining Technology Implementation Specialist will be responsible to serve as a primary resource for field coordination activities supporting the Implementation Team. This role is accountable for coordinating, planning and execution activities within a defined operation for the Autonomous Solutions Group (ASG), ensuring Finning's commitment to customer satisfaction.
Active in Autonomy coordination and support, this role will plan and schedule, as well as track progress to successfully deliver on timeline milestones. As a member of the Implementation team, the role will work closely with our Truck Specialists, Site Application Specialist/Engineers, and the customer to ensure completion of the planned work.
This position works on a Mine site, on a continuous shift rotation (example 14/14/, 10/10, 7/7) with both days and nights
We look forward to you joining our team!
- Manage projects to help develop customer requirements and develop customer processes to work efficiently with the system
- Monitor the data accuracy and integrity in the MineStar System
- Maintain a pro-active approach to all aspects of operational and personal safety
- Adhere and follow all the Mine Operator and Finning HSE policies and procedures
- Establishing the baselines on what equipment installation/calibration/commissioning should look like from a calendar hour and labour hour perspective and create a Central data/Document repository
- Capture and document actual times to install and commission technology on all equipment types
- Develop Best Practices and Documentation to support the Operations, Maintenance and Reliability of the Equipment and MineStar System
- Continuously work to identify improvements to the Equipment and System Performance
- Interact with Customer Workforce and Leadership as required to support the success of Caterpillar MineStar and champion improvement projects to improve the capabilities of the customer and Finning (Canada)
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field which may include Business, Project Management, Trades and/or Engineering
- 3-5 years of combined education and experience on a mine site along with a maintenance background is considered an asset
- Project management and Change Management experience is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Maintenance planning experience is considered an asset
- Knowledgeable in GPS/GNSS networking
- Knowledge of Mining Dispatch Systems: MineStar, Modular, Wenco, Jigsaw.
- Willing to do shift work in remote locations
Automation in mining has expanded dramatically in the last decade. But the building blocks to get there started being put together long ago with Caterpillar's first autonomy program over 30 years ago. Today, Caterpillar has automation offerings for both surface and underground mining.
Finning, the largest Caterpillar dealer worldwide, and a leader in the mining world is partnered with Caterpillar to innovate, evolve and expand autonomous mining offerings that will positively impact the customer experience. At Finning we will continue to invest in cutting edge training for our employees to ensure they are apprised of new developments in the autonomous technology for our customers benefit.
This game changing development has translated into new employment opportunities at Finning for mining professionals who are digitally literate, along with having strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively and critically. The timing could not be better to join Finning as automation in the mining world evolves and to embrace a new career path.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.