Company: Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: Reporting to the Mining Technology Support Manager, the Mining Technology Support will execute on the support playbook developed together with the manager and support team. This role will work in conjunction with the customer, the broader Finning Mining group, Caterpillar, as well as regional branches.
This role will be responsible for gathering the required information and ensure all details are captured. Providing the level one support, this role will be responsible for the initial troubleshooting request.
As this role interacts with a variety of individuals and levels at both the customer and Finning organizations, possessing strong communication (both written and verbal), consultative and critical thinking skills are essential for success.
We look forward to you joining our team!
Job Description: Technology Support
- Creation of detailed tickets and appropriate data entries using information gathered by customers and/or internal teams
- Working with the regional technology managers and customers to manage the sign-up, orientation, training and maintenance of services on multiple digital platforms (DSSi, TSC system)
- Work with the Technology Support Specialists to understand current services processes and leverage these to achieve customer performance targets. Processes include remote audits, monitoring the flow of work in our ticketing system, customer satisfaction follow-up
- Follow the process for the Technology Support Specialists to be notified of incoming service work
- Responsible for front line customer service, ensuring users are having using uninterrupted product performance, updating ticketing systems, CRM systems and databases as required.
- Responsible for communicating with Cat as it related to any issues associated with DSS or MineStar assets and maintaining functionality. Responsible for the reporting of Support performance for CAT and Finning
- Produce standard customer reports for commercial use in customer conversations.
- Work with the Mining Technology Support Manager and FINCA training group to develop internal service and external training plans and programs.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science or Business
- Minimum 3-5 years working in technology or similar field
- Knowledge of various office programs MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- CRM experience and knowledge
- Strong aptitude with technology including data base and infrastructure experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with strong presentation skills
- Experience in project implementation and project management
- Ability to build close working relationships with the business in order to collaboratively achieve organizational results
- Basic knowledge of heavy equipment, technology solutions, and machine components
- Ability to learn internal data base systems
Automation in mining has expanded dramatically in the last decade. But the building blocks to get there started being put together long ago with Caterpillar's first autonomy program over 30 years ago. Today, Caterpillar has automation offerings for both surface and underground mining.
Finning, the largest Caterpillar dealer worldwide, and a leader in the mining world is partnered with Caterpillar to innovate, evolve and expand autonomous mining offerings that will positively impact the customer experience. At Finning we will continue to invest in cutting edge training for our employees to ensure they are apprised of new developments in the autonomous technology for our customers benefit.
This game changing development has translated into new employment opportunities at Finning for mining professionals who are digitally literate, along with having strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively and critically. The timing could not be better to join Finning as automation in the mining world evolves and to embrace a new career path.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.