At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
We're looking for a Morning Show Producer /Cohost for Sportsnet 960 The Fan
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing a daily morning show on Calgary's only all sports radio. Their primary responsibility will be to partner with the Program Director and Talent to ensure that the show retains high sports acumen, entertainment and production values, stays relevant and topical, and is focused on their target audience. This role reports to the Program Director and is based in Calgary, Alberta. What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Support the production of the show to ensure it advances its position in the marketplace
- Ensure the smooth day to day running of the morning show inclusive of all elements such as editing of audio, booking guests, promo, commercial activity, promotions, imaging and all sports and non sports content
- Manage the smooth technical operation of the show - thus having a keen technical mind is important
- Support the ideation and execution of content for the morning show and be a part of the preparation process
- Organize all scripts, sponsorship elements and daily information required by the talent
- Manage the show's digital and social content, ensuring digital content is updated frequently and is of relevance and interest to the audience
- Brainstorm with the promotions team compelling concepts that satisfy the interests of the customer, the audience and our brand
- Be a liaison between Promo/Sales/Programming and on air talent
- Work with Audio Production to ensure the show encompasses all recorded audio elements required
- Work with Engineering to ensure the studio environment and technical aspects are functioning correctly
- Be comfortable being 'heard' and 'seen' on the morning show, able to fill in for hosts for at least 15 weeks a year
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A hunger to grow your career
- An ability to handle multiple tasks
- A love for Sports
- Confidence and self-awareness
- Creativity and the ability to innovate new ideas
- Integrity as it is vital that the show can view you as reliable
- Drive and determination to complete tasks in a timely and compelling manner
- Experience with Wide Orbit Automation; VoxPro; Burli & Word Press is an asset
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & Programming Requisition ID:
220411 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Media Job Segment:
Find similar jobs: