At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers News & Entertainment has an unexpected opening for a creative content leader for our nationwide JACK brand. This role will be responsible for editorial direction, content creation, brand experience and talent across our JACK stations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in multi-platform content creation and brand building. They'll be an inspirational and empathetic leader who performs at their best in highly competitive situations. This role reports to the VP/Music Brands & In House Production and is part of the leadership team.
Your daily adventures will include;
- Partnering with VP/Music Brands & In House Production to build the strategic plan for the JACK brand.
- Leading the effective implementation of the agreed strategy for each station, ensuring they achieve audience growth and deepen brand engagement.
- Leading national content initiatives & innovations across all platforms.
- Providing editorial direction to the JACK brand, developing targeted on-air, digital and social media content for the format.
- Coaching and development of Content Directors and On-Air talent.
- Developing national content initiatives to grow audiences and revenue across all stations within the JACK format.
- Collaborating with Sales and Commercial Integrations to develop national promotions and revenue generating content initiatives.
- Working with Marketing team to create streamlined and consistent advertising, marketing and promotion materials for stations within the JACK format.
- Working with Production teams to create streamlined national imaging & content.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to support the achievement of the teams collective audience & content goals.
- Effectively manage content budget.
- Embed Rogers Vision & Values into the team.
- Stay informed on general trends in industry and regulatory changes/updates.
What we will need from you;
- Ability to provide thought leadership & clear direction across the JACK portfolio.
- Extensive knowledge of adult hits format, music programming & curation and the music industry.
- A deep understanding of the Radio audience and audio consumption.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data to make informed business decisions
- A strong desire to forge a new path; favouring innovation & experimentation over best practices & " the way it has always been done".
- Ability to lead people through influence instead of comman d.
- The empathy to create an inclusive culture that enhances creativity.
- Be a clear & persuasive communicator.
- Adept at managing numerous projects simultaneously.
Full time Shift:
No Selection Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB Travel Requirements:
No Selection Posting Category/Function:
No Selection & No Selection Requisition ID:
211140 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Media Job Segment:
Manager, Law, Advertising, Management, Legal, Marketing
Find similar jobs: