Join our team
Broadband Networks is laying the foundation for the future - connecting homes and businesses across Canada to our TELUS PureFibre™ network. Our team members aren't afraid to try new things and challenge the status quo - it's at our core. Our mission is to create a connected world where our customers live and thrive and we are seeking enthusiastic people who share our excitement about technology, have a dedication to unparalleled customer service excellence and are dedicated to starting their career as a Network Technician with our team. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together:
As a Network Technician in our Customer Network Support team, you will perform Service Delivery and Assurance functions related to switching, transport, broadcast and data / IP network elements. You will be accountable for local maintenance functions (testing, fault isolation, and trouble repair) for various elements of TELUS' network.
• You will provision, commission, test, maintain and repair network elements and services
• You'll provide trouble analysis (i.e. testing, fault isolation and repair functions; logs, alarms, operational measurements).
• You will work with appropriate areas for the implementation of hardware, software, firmware, product change upgrades and commissioning of network elements / services.
• You'll also complete preventative maintenance routines to ensure network reliability
• By initiating and/or responding to queries, discussing trouble details and confirming resolutions directly with external / internal customers
• By explaining/discussing details regarding progress, issues, applicable charges and promoting products and services.
• You'll prepare time and expense reports and other administration duties as required.
• You will document and administer/track maintenance routines for network elements, power, environment and housekeeping.
• You'll provide information on job status, maintain logs and update applicable corporate systems. Qualifications:You're the missing piece of the puzzle with your:
•Previous work experience as a Network Technician or equivalent training/certification
•Valid Class 5 Driver's License and ability to work/drive in various weather conditions.
•You are willing and able to work aloft, have analytical and mechanical ability.
•Normal colour vision to work with colour-coded wiring.
•Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
•You are able to do fine, precise work with your hands, operate hand and power tools, test equipment and can follow safe work practices.
•You are willing to travel in small aircraft, aerial tramways, helicopters and/or operate snow cats if required.
•Willingness to work various shifts as assigned (such as evenings, weekends and statutory holidays), based on business needs.
•Ability to manage a physically demanding workload.
•Flexibility to work in cross-functional areas such as network, access and service.
•Ability to understand and effectively perform work in accordance with published work plans
•Demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills.
•Self-motivated, work well with minimal or no direct supervision.
•Ability to effectively handle both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions.
•Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
•Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment.
•Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
•Commit to continuous learning. Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations and complete and pass all related exams. Who is TELUS?
You are part of a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Your passion for demonstrating our values and making a difference for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team helps drive our success.
Thinking of taking your career at TELUS in a different direction? Then apply online today. This just might be the right move for you.
At TELUS you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019