At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us. Network Technician - Victoria
This role will service the Victoria area and the successful candidate will need to reside in the Greater Victoria Area.
• Support capital projects and network build activities with coordination, installation, and commissioning duties.
• Respond to corrective network problems, performing effective/efficient problem analysis, rapid troubleshooting diagnosis and prompt repair of equipment to ensure service restoral objectives are met.
• Coordinate with other Technicians and departments as required to maintain or improve service levels.
• Plan for and implement preventive maintenance routines to ensure network standards of performance are met.
• Perform cutovers and upgrades on the network as directed by work orders.
• Maintain up-to-date site documentation.
• Perform acceptance tests on newly installed equipment and sites to ensure results meet design specifications.
• Gain in depth knowledge of key quality service indicators in geographic area of responsibility.
• Participate in retune and testing activities associated with network optimization and build activities.
• Maintain inventory of required parts and perform regular audits to ensure availability of parts.
• Meet all administrative reporting requirements for vehicle mileage, timesheets, expenses, equipment trouble and deficiency tickets, incident reporting and other health and safety compliance needs etc.
• Test hand-offs, RSSI, transmit levels on mobile devices, dropped calls and investigate any changes.
• Locate sources of RF interference using a spectrum analyzer.
• Perform basic HVAC troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Perform setup, commissioning and maintenance on dc power systems.
• Connect ac and dc generators to maintain power at sites when required.
• Perform minor mechanical / civil repairs on sites when required
Experience and Job Requirements:
• 5 years of telecommunications experience.
• Diploma or Certificate in Telecommunications from a technical institute.
• Microwave and transmission experience (e.g. DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, IP).
• Experience with optical fiber, SONET and TCP/IP
• Comfortable towing generators and utility trailers.
• Ability to work shift work, weekend work, overtime, standby and 24 hour on-call support as required on a regular rotational basis.
• Ability to travel and occasionally work alone in remote locations.
• Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
• Demonstrate strong investigative, problem solving, analysis, and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Must possess a valid British Columbia driver's license and have a clean driving record. Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
817 Fort Street (092), Victoria, BC Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Information Technology Requisition ID:
138649 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || BC || Victoria || [[mfield2]] ||
Posted: February 22, 2019
Closes: April 23, 2019