JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are seeking enthusiastic people who are passionate about technology, have a dedication to unparalleled customer service excellence, and care committed to furthering their career!
Our National Network Core and Platforms Systems team is looking for someone who is passionate about technology, loves a good challenge and works to find creative solutions. The successful candidate will work to manage database services for voice platforms.
•Database Management, work with Oracle database software
•Work with UNIX/LINUX based operating systems including scripting
•Ensure integrity of associated operating systems, applications and software
•Interpret job documentation and network diagrams
•Work with voice platformsQualifications: QUALIFICATIONS:
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to manage databases, Oracle DBA experience
• Knowledge of computer system software, utilities, hardware and the integration of database products/network and application software. (IBM RSC/AIX and other computing environments.)
•Skills and knowledge in UNIX LINUX operating systems
•Skills in AIX administration
•Korn shell scripting knowledge
•Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP; OSI; SIP-T; SNMP; MPLS
•Knowledge of voice technology
•Project planning skills
•VMware for multi servers, PNP programming
•Strong keyboarding skills.
•Must have a Valid Class 5 Driver's License.
•Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
•Must be willing and able to work various shifts as assigned (such as evenings, weekends and statutory holidays), based on business needs.
•Demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Self-motivated, work well with minimal or no direct supervision.
•Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
• Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
• Commit to continuous learning. Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations and complete and pass all related exams.
• Must meet applicable testing requirements. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: February 22, 2018
Closes:April 23, 2018