Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
Reporting to the Senior Client Service Manager, this position is responsible for managing a portfolio of officers and all aspects of Paladin Occupational Health and Safety within that portfolio. This includes not only being the main point of client contact for all OH&S concerns, but also managing the OH&S program that the officers within the profile will follow. The OH&S Coordinator will regularly be meeting with clients and security staff to ensure that everyone's needs are met. Based out on site, the successful candidate will travel back and forth for work. The OH&S Coordinator and will support the needs of the employees within the portfolio to ensure consistent quality of service for all client sites.
In order to be effective, the OH&S Coordinator must thoroughly understand Occupational Health and Safety for Oilsands clients, the strategic priorities, and the Corporate Culture. He or she will work closely with the Senior Client Service Manager, Scheduling Administration, and the Human Resources Department to drive the business imperatives to maintain a comprehensive safety program and oversee the safety of the employees on the clients site. Summary of Major Duties:
Education, Training, and Knowledge:
- Address any and all safety concerns with the client
- Attend scheduled meetings with the client and Paladin Management - Review of safety talks, Safety Incident's, and current program
- Updating the OH&S Manuel yearly for all sites
- Safe work procedures/Risk Assessment binder - Update yearly or when changes occur for all sites
- Audit - Yearly - Internal and External audits completed, prepare documents as needed by Auditor, prepare questions and review with all employees
- Statistics - update on monthly basis or when incident/near miss occurs
- Post observation - Monthly tracking sheet, follow up with supervisors
- Compliance alerts - Daily - follow up with officers for expiring tickets
- Incident Investigations - work with client safety when requested
- Incident reports - meet and review with client safety
- Incident review with all team - safety minute out to all teams and discuss in meeting
- WCB Reports - Employee and Employer report
- Pre-work Hazard Assessment and Risk Assessment - New post, walkways, steps, etc.\
- Hazard Assessment Review - Yearly with client and Senior Client Service Manager
- Post Visits - PPR checks, FLRA checks, review with officers, post observations, binder sign offs, reporting incidents, etc.
- Mentoring officers on proper FLRA's, PPE requirements, incident reporting, etc.
- Review changes with employees to Paladin Safe Work/Risk Assessment procedures, Paladin Safety Program, or Oilsands Safety Procedures
- Address concerns with Supervisor and work towards resolutions
- Review all completed FLRA's and sign off, reviewing deficiencies with officers and supervisor - storing properly in town office
- A certified National Construction Safety Officer
- The successful applicant will be willing to join industry professional associations and have a desire to learn through professional certification processes.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems (Microsoft Office, Sales Force etc.)
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on OH&S Management and Security
- Applicants must also have a valid class 5 driver's license and a vehicle that will be used for work purposes. A company vehicle will be supplied as necessary. A valid class 4 driver's license is considered an asset.
Competency Requirements: Relationship Building / Team Work:
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a Occupational Health and Safety capacity, preferably in a Security setting, or a combination of experience and relevant experience and education.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization including clients, direct reports, vendors, business partners, team members and co-workers.
- Outstanding strategic thinking and analytical skills; Demonstrated ability to be innovative and think outside the box.
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment while delivering on multiple concurrent initiatives that have significant financial impact.
Team Leadership / Coaching and Development:
- Works well in a team and provides leadership to promote teamwork. Develops strong relationships interdepartmentally and shows commitment to the overall team objectives by relating to people in an open and friendly manner. Quickly develops relationships with others.
- Mentor and lead employees towards achievement of strategic goals.
Problem Solving / Innovation:
- Provides helpful and specific feedback to employees about performance development opportunities, problems and strengths. Is available for support and mentorship. Identifies talent within the portfolio and has a succession plan in place. Encourages others to grow by performing up to their highest potential with positive feedback
Foreshadow potential issues and identify problems promptly. Review related information to develop and evaluate options and uses data to support and implement solutions. Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.Organization Assessment, Leadership and Management
Client and Employee Communication
- Demonstrates the ability to determine key needs, develops and implements results-oriented outcome, and address problems and monitor progress with important initiatives and activities.
- Use effective time management to manage workflow and work efficiently under pressure to meet key performance deadlines.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Other Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to groups.
- Active listening and conflict resolution skills with sensitivity to others' needs.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism when dealing with a diverse client group.
Additional Information / Benefits
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team and commitment to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
- Effective project management, with the ability to define a project, develop the overall project plan with clear deliverables and timeline, and manage the employees to deliver the desired outcome.
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to monitor and assess the performance of individuals, or sites to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Identify measures or indicators of program performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
This job reports to the Senior Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time
Relocation is not required and travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Law Enforcement and Security