Are you interested in applying your talents in communication and customer service to support worker occupational health and safety? This is a great 4-month-summer opportunity
for students and the hourly rate is $23.11 per hour
In this position, you will perform a variety of administrative tasks, such as compose letters, emails, answer calls, manage calendars make appointments, talking to guests, sorting incoming email and assisting the team.
At WorkSafeBC, we're committed to preventing workplace injury, illness, and death, and supporting injured workers through fair compensation and effective rehabilitation. We are committed to supporting safe and healthy workplaces and providing compassionate and responsive service driven by our core values of integrity, accountability, compassion, excellence and respect.
We are looking for Office Assistants III
for multiple locations. How you'll make a difference:
You'll connect people with the services and answers they need. Where you'll work
In this role, you'll work on-site
at one of the following locations:
- Burnaby - Richmond - Abbotsford - Terrace - Kamloops - Port Moody - Surrey - Nanaimo - Kelowna What you'll do
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Look after the front desk reception and undertake clerical duties including filing, emailing, scanning, receiving phone calls, providing general information, taking messages, forwarding calls as appropriate, and receiving and directing visitors
- Obtain and document information from claimants, employers, or other parties
- Type a variety of materials such as correspondence, forms, reports, and material involving technical and industrial terminology
- Maintain files and distribute materials as required
- Receive, sort, and forward mail as required
Your experience and educational background:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Obtain and record information both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate attention to detail
Important to know
- A minimum of grade 12 education
- Recent, related work experience in an administrative role
- Use Microsoft Word proficiently
- Type a minimum of 35 words per minute
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary of $23.11/hou r, you will also receive 4%in lieu of vacation and 4% in lieu of benefits. Learn more:
Find out what we offer . Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.