Closing Date: October 12, 2022
Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment? Reporting to the Safety, Coordinator, the Loss Prevention Officer (Casual) is responsible for matters related to health, safety, and site security. This role operates on a 4x4 schedule rotation.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who can present material in front of a group. This person has strong critical thinking and decision-making abilities. The ability to prioritize and find solutions in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is vital.
Join us in Hinton, Alberta, supporting Teck's Cardinal River mine, located near the Hamlet of Cadomin, Alberta. Here, you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it is biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Our staff work an attractive 4 days on 4 days off shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance. Add to this challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada's largest diversified resource company and we think you will find what you are looking for. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the high potential risk control strategy through participation in risk assessments, gap analyses, and effectiveness reviews
- Assist in contractor risk management through review of safe work plans
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring, control access, and egress to site
- Facilitate training for health and safety initiatives and New Hire Orientation
- Participate in awareness initiatives and health and safety program education
- Perform periodic health and safety inspections and participate in audits as required
- Assist in the development and implementation of Occupational Health and Safety programs
- Provide overall site protection, including fire systems
- Support implementation of High Potential Risk Control and Occupational Health and Hygiene strategies
- Promote Health and Safety leadership among employees and contractors, providing mentorship and direction on the application of site procedures and programs
- Provide first aid services, drug and alcohol sample collection, and complete accurate first aid reports
- Provide support to safety incident investigations and health and safety programs, including confined space, hazardous energy isolation, and fall protection
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- High School Diploma
- Advanced First Aid (AFA) or higher level of certification
- Strong computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite®
- Two years of relevant industry experience in a Health and Safety role or a Mine Rescue ticket is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Loss Prevention, Coal Mining, Industrial Hygiene, Risk Management, Security, Mining, Engineering, Finance