Are you ready to start an exciting career as an On Road HD Technician with First Transit?
At First Transit, our technicians/mechanics are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair. We are currently looking for a highly experienced On Road HD Technician
to assist throughout Western Canada.Why pick First Transit? Glad You Asked!
We are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
HD Mechanic Job Duties Include:
- Competitive Wages & Consistent Pay - $49.72 an hour
- Schedule - 7 on, 7 off
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across Canada
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
- Paid travel to our Alberta locations
- Hotel accommodations are provided for overnight stays if needed.
Mechanic Job Requirements:
- Perform brake, safety, and PM inspections
- Complete work orders legibly and accurately
- Perform on road repairs/service calls as required
- Perform defect repairs as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Comply with Safety & Health regulations in the workplace
- Maintain required tools for the job & submit tool inventory annually
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Maintenance Manager
- After hours on-call responsibilities as required
- Work 10% in the field at other locations covering vacations, shortages, leaves, etc.
- Work 90% at our Edmonton location
- Valid Driver's License
- Heavy-Duty with Red Seal Certification Required
- ASE's held in extremely high regards, must be willing to obtain ASE Master Certification
- Previous bus repair preferred
- Experience with Microsoft & Outlook
- Willingness to work with others
- Mechanically-minded and safety-conscious
- Ability to perform Alberta Commercial Vehicle Inspections-- must hold CVIP license
- Willingness to travel to all our locations in Alberta- by means of airplane or company provided vehicle
Now is the time to enhance your career...not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity! Apply online today to become a part of our team!
- Garage environment and on road repairs if needed.
- 10% of work will be traveling to our Alberta locations
- 90% of work will be based out of Edmonton
First Transit is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce.
Posted: July 21, 2018
Closes: September 19, 2018