The Onsite Medical Representative (OMR) will serve as the site's medical representative in the Fulfillment Center (FC)/warehouse. The OMR will provide functions such as first aid treatment to injured employees, actively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the workers' compensation process, and implement a site wellness program.
The OMR will function as a part of the larger safety team onsite, helping to provide assistance with all health and safety needs. This includes attending weekly associate safety committee meetings, greeting all new hires for the site, either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. They will also participate, as needed, in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings.
Onsite Medical Representative Responsibilities:
• Provide triage, first-and and or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated.
• Maintain all records of treatment given to associates.
• Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the treatment of associates.
• Create a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for all employees on restrictions given by a medical provider.
• Provide daily activity logs to the safety team and senior leadership team. Provide analysis of all onsite incidents on a monthly basis including recommendations on how to reduce the risk and severity of injuries within the FC.
• Frequent "floor time" to interact with both associates and managers. Attend and speak at "start-up" meetings.
• Understand and learn each department and job function within the FC to fully understand the body mechanics involved in every task. Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process.
• Initiate and maintain Worker's Compensation cases when applicable.
• Help coordinate an annual onsite health fair.
• Update the communication board with medical and safety tips for the FC.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization.
• Calm demeanor in emergency situations.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
-Per Alberta Occupational Health and Safety requirement, candidate must be a Registered Nurse or Advanced Care Paramedic
- 1- 2 years experience providing conservative or emergency care
• Valid CPR certification at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (Canadian Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (Canadian Red Cross)
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Must be able to work flexible shifts which could include days, nights and/or weekends
• Ability to maintain all medical credentials
• Proficiency in Microsoft OfficePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Certified to teach First-Aid, CPR and AED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience leading and managing a team
• Experience with OHS and/or OSHA regulations in the province in which you will be working
• Experience with Worker's Compensation
If you require accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process, please notify the Recruiter when you are contacted.