North West Regional Woodlands
Slave Lake, AB
Position Overview:The Operations Forester is accountable for operational planning, development and/or silviculture operations and activities to meet zone and budget objectives. They will work in a team environment and develop plans and supervise activities that meet legislative and mill volume requirements, allow efficient access to wood supply, and consider multi-stakeholder requirements. The Operations Forester will Work closely with local first nations on consulting and fostering trust based relationships.
Experience with operational planning, First Nations consultation, ArcGIS and other spatial technology, harvesting supervision, silviculture supervision and treatments and coordination of contractors will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant forestry experience;
- Registered Professional Forester (RPF) designation or eligible for registration;
- Must possess a good understanding of technical forest management including planning, logging systems, silviculture and GIS;
- Thorough understanding of forest policy, guidelines, and regulations;
- Demonstrated analytical, communication and computer skills are required for this position;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and maintain current knowledge of government policies and regulations;
- Proven ability to work with First Nations communities and external stakeholders.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until August 2nd, 2019.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing