At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
With the expansion of our Citytv news programming across the country, we aim to deliver compelling locally relevant content to Canadians. As seasoned Operations Generalist you have the technical aptitude and are accountable for setting a high standard for the day to day maintenance activities required to ensure City Edmonton functions at peak technical performance. Consistently leading by example in this "hands on" role is vital to your success and the success of your team.
What you'll be doing:
• Basic editing of footage for news segments on Quantel and Premier Pro editing systems.
• Digitizing footage; paying close attention to naming conventions.
• Operating ENG camera as well as remote truck for live segments.
• Provide production support to various initiatives and special programs.
• Remain conversant with all departmental production equipment.
• Ensure that programs and segments meet company and industry standards for content and quality.
• Work with Production Engineering on equipment faults and failures.
• Editing and posting of media to Social Media and other online content.
• Occasional Production Assistant duties in the Production Control Room.
• Occasional writing and producing duties if required.
• Other duties as assigned.
What you have:
• Minimum two years' experience in television production.
• In-depth knowledge of editing, shooting and technical facilities.
• Experience with ENG/EFP and Studio production including editing both linear and non-linear, camera work.
• Experience with Quantel editing systems, Premier Pro, and the Adobe line of products is preferred.
• Must be highly motivated, show initiative and creativity.
• Self-starter; well organized and detail oriented; Ability to prioritize effectively.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Take direction and handle stressful situations well.
• Able to meet tight deadlines.
• Valid Drivers License (non-GDL)
Ability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends.Schedule:
Part time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
12 Months Work Location:
5915 Gateway Boulevard (218), Edmonton, AB Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & TV Operations Requisition ID:
145464 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]