At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
In this challenging role you will be responsible for scheduling, providing direction, coordinating, training, and leading your crew to achieve or exceed planned safety, production, quality, and recovery targets while minimizing costs and labour relations issues.Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct daily production activities, to ensure daily production requirements are met and/or exceeded and conformance with the monthly shipping plan is assured;
- Provide or arrange training for employees to meet the standards of the job they are performing;
- Due diligence - make every reasonable effort to ensure the safety the employees;
- Conduct monthly safety meetings;
- Support all company and regulatory requirements;
- Effectively report mechanical/electrical concerns immediately and contribute to failure analysis;
- Engage employees in continuous improvement to identify and eliminate waste;
- All other duties as required or assigned.
- College Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a related field (candidates with an engineering degree preferred) or a combination of education and equivalent experience;
- Minimum two years' industrial operations experience, preferably within a steel/pipe manufacturing facility;
- Previous experience leading and overseeing unionized work team;
- Demonstrated business operations and process improvement experience;
- Ability to work on a 24/7 continuous operations schedule, including night shifts;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the application of lean manufacturing principles;
- Familiarity with occupational health and safety (OH&S) legislation, regulations and safety standards;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Familiar with time management software including Kronos.
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics