At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees. Job Description and Responsibilities
The Operations Supervisor oversees the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of exempt and non-exempt staff. Prepares the team to operate safely while focusing on the needs of our customers. Assists in meeting and exceeding processing goals on a daily basis. Maintains, and performs small repairs, on tools and equipment. Monitors adherence to Safety standards / regulations and reports observations.EVRAZ is committed to maintaining and promoting a safe, healthy and injury-free environment. It is required for all jobs.
- Partners with the Environmental, Health and Safety Team to ensure that the site is adhering to all safety and environmental policies and procedures. Promotes a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant site for employees and customers. Audit employee work area during shift
- Manages, trains, and coaches employees
- Coordinates and maintains staff scheduling and the day-to-date operations of the site
- Drives site performance by optimizing sales, production, and product purchasing
- Reviews financials, takes corrective actions in response to monthly financial statements and operating key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Establishes employee relationships to promote and enhance safety, quality and production
- Ensures policies and procedures are communicated and implemented at the site level. train employees and audit employees performance
- Prepares operating reports for the management and operations team
- Ensures that all sales transactions and cash management procedures are in compliance with company policy. Review daily purchases with scale operators. Verify pricing with purchaser and examine daily reports
- Responsible for the overall safeguarding of company assets. Review daily sign off sheets from operators. If any items are needing attention, work with maintenance to resolve the issues
- Partners with all internal corporate support resources to ensures compliance with all laws and regulations to achieve results
- Performs other duties as they might be assigned
- Minimum 3 years of management or leadership experience in industrial manufacturing, automotive or distribution
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Loader and heavy equipment operator license preferred but not required
- Strong quantitative skills to understand site financial performance and operating statistics (KPIs)
- Must have the ability to reconcile sales, prepare reports and read technical manuals
- Ability to handle multiple priorities while performing quality work in an efficient manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to work required hours which may include weekends and holidays and also at any site assigned within reasonable distance from home site
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds
- Willing and able to work in variable weather conditions including hot, dry summer conditions and cold, harsh winter conditions
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics