Order AdministratorTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. From rapid response, performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, customer service is one of our fastest-growing areas. ABB's Control Systems team of industrial automation professionals delivers solutions and services ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our automation and digitalization solutions help improve safety, plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address our customers' challenges and opportunities.Automation Service Canada supports customers with ABB automation solutions, operating in a wide range of industrial and utilities markets, across Canada. Our customers operate mission critical 24x7 processes which rely on ABB support from installation and initial start-up, through to life-cycle services to maximize the availability of the solutions provided by ABB and optimize their operations.This position will be located in Calgary, reporting to the Service Manager and supporting the Service Project Managers with order administration of jobs under their control. Your responsibilities
- This role is an integral member of the Service Management team and is responsible for order administration tasks related to customer orders.
- Order Entry process: order entry, accurate time phasing, purchasing, invoicing, account receivable follow up, shipping & receiving paperwork, closing of jobs and financial information in SAP as specified by Service Project Managers for respective orders.
- Work with the Business Unit controllers and analysts to manage order performance and address specific issues as required.
- Actively apply the standardized order management process and provide feedback to the Order Management Process Owner on aspects that are not working as expected.
- Support Service Managers and Service Project Managers on matters within assigned service jobs.
- Actively communicate directly with customer contacts to facilitate on time payment of invoices and to address concerns while applying customer engagement techniques.
- Actively support our team EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) targets.
- Contribute to a positive team environment and collaboration between teams.
- Understand and adhere to ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of industry experience in accounting and financial transactions related activities.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, Adobe and other internet-based applications.
- Experience with SAP or other financial management applications is a requirement. Direct experience with SAP will be a significant asset.
- Requires a positive outlook, willingness to take on new and unfamiliar tasks, ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Health, Safety & Environment focus with excellent safety track record.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-hybrid