Part-Time Street Team Member / Promotions Representative
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
The Rogers Sports & Media Calgary Promotions Department is looking for a dynamic part-time Street Team member / Promotions Representative to join our fun, dedicated and hardworking team. We represent the radio brands of JACK 96.9, STAR 95.9, Sportsnet 960, CityNews 660 and Mountain FM.
Reporting to the Promotions Coordinator, the successful candidate will hit the ground running and exceed expectations within our multi-format team. Your role will be to deliver outstanding brand representation at promotional events in an energetic and professional manner. Description:
• Execute station events and on-site promotions, representing the company with professionalism.
• Interact with clients, staff and the public with enthusiasm and authenticity.
• Set-up broadcast remotes with all required components (technical, prizing, staff, vehicle and signage).
• Post to station Social Media accounts.
• Maintain promotional signage, draw boxes, entry forms and equipment.
• Attend station and client events as needed.
• Drive and maintain station vehicles.
• Other promotion department duties as required. Qualifications:
• Previous event experience an asset.
• Must be available to work flexible hours with priority given to those available throughout weekdays
• Punctual and detail orientated.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work well under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Experience and knowledge of posting to various Social Media platforms.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Must hold a valid Alberta full Class 5 drivers licence (not GDL) and provide a current drivers abstract.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Promotions / Event
Requisition ID: 271457
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Calgary, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Part Time, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications