You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity:
The Client Administration function is a vital part of the firm's National Shared Services. This highly skilled group of over 600 administration professionals in 33 offices supports the firm's Tax, Audit and Advisory client service staff. Client Administration is focused on the increase of revenue, achieving client service excellence by delivering timely, high quality products, increasing time available for client service staff to focus on driving the business, and encouraging an environment that increases both the staff and client experience. This is achieved by building dynamic, lasting relationships, being sensitive to our client needs and collaborating as part of the client service team. What you will do
- Provide intermediate level administrative support to Partners, Senior Managers, Managers and their teams.
- Coordinate, prepare, edit and/or proofread documents such as correspondence, presentations, and reports using various software.
- Plan and coordinate travel using Concur.
- Proactively and independently manage the partners' calendar and contact database in order to maximize best use of the partners' time.
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, video conferences, net meetings etc., organize materials and take minutes.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of time and expense reports for partner(s) supported.
- Provide risk and billing support to the team.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
- College diploma or an equivalent combination of education/experience in administrative assistant skill set. Minimum 3 years administration experience.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills with MS office word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent grammar, vocabulary and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
Proven ability to deal with sensitive materials with a high degree of tact and discretion Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Administrative Health Care