You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity:
The KPMG Law team has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Administrative Assistant to join the Calgary office in a permanent position. In this role, you will combine your strong organizational skills and stakeholder management to provide executive level support.
The role involves proactively organizing, supporting, and assisting the Calgary KPMG Law partners and associates in delivering high quality and timely service, information, and advice to internal and external clients. There is a specific focus on being an integral part of the KPMG Law team in executing its strategy, and meeting performance objectives and long term strategic aspirations. What you will do
- Manage time, resources, workflow and deadlines of legal professionals, including opening up new files, conducting and coordinating conflict searches and other file-opening processes and procedures, maintaining a filing system for all documents, compiling and organizing materials for work-in-progress, and maintaining a limitations diary.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of time and expense reports.
- Interact with clients and outside service providers to schedule appointments, examinations and hearings.
- Draft correspondence and memoranda such as affidavits of records and other court documents.
- Receive, digitize and direct all KPMG correspondence.
- Provide word processing support for KPMG Partners and Law lawyers;
- Provide general administrative support to Partners/Lawyers in the Calgary office such as filing, answering the telephone, making travel arrangements, preparing bank deposits, photocopying and binding materials as required.
- Assist with special projects.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- College diploma in a legal assistant program or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role, working in a professional legal environment and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Previous experience with corporate services, CORES certification and/or E-Discovery would be an asset
- Significant relevant experience in managing and supporting Senior Leadership (preferably gained within a legal/professional/corporate services environment)
- Excellent commitment to providing quality and responsive customer service
- Outstanding time management, problem solving and organizational skills gained in a high volume environment with competing demands and constant changes
- Proven ability to take responsibility and ownership for tasks
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Proven team player with the ability to create strong working relationships at various levels and a flexible approach to their work
- Superior communication skills whilst maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Administrative Health Care