Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is building a team of world class professionals to establish relationships and manage the success of our emerging Technology and Consulting partners within western Canada. As a partner development manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform including Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, Amazon Cloud Front, Amazon Cloud Search and Amazon Market Place.
Responsibilities include prospecting a large number of inbound partner registrants and requests, understanding their services, technical solutions, vertical focus, expertise and licensing models. In this role you will also track potential partner's progress towards the program requirements and ensure timely follow up on all aspects of the onboarding process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Deliver against a set of specific goals for onboarding, establishing end customer success with partners and advancing partners within the Amazon Partner Network.
• Manage relationships with a large number of AWS Technology and Consulting partners based in your dedicated region. You will be responsible for launching and supporting their offerings on AWS.
• Work closely with the extended AWS Partner Ecosystem Team to develop a highly automated and scalable onboarding program based on self-service that provides partners with business and technical support they need.
• Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS. Work closely with other internal teams to identify possible synergies.
• Ensure that AWS is the partner's preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines.
• Understand the technical and training requirements of our partners, and work closely with the internal AWS product teams to guide the direction of future offerings.
• Deliver well qualified end customer opportunities via partners to the AWS business.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
Basic Qualifications • The right person will possess significant sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry especially with Systems Integrators and Managed Service Providers.
• Consistently exceeds key performance metrics.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences. Outstanding verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Strong program management skills with a focus on delivering scalable programs supporting hundreds of customers/partners.
• Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
• Working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
• Fluent in English
Preferred Qualifications Undergraduate degree in business administration or IT disciplines
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: December 13, 2017
Closes:January 20, 2018