Finning Canada Number of Openings:
The Warehouse Operations Manager is responsible for providing clear and effective leadership and demonstrating a healthy and safe work environment for all parts employees. Accountable for all operations related to the running of the Warehouse, execution and facilitating targeted levels of customer satisfaction, and the delivery of branch goals and objectives.Job Description: Safety Leadership
- Lead, demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment ensuring that all safety standards, policies, procedures and compliance requirements are communicated, implemented and followed.
- Ensure that all safety practices and policies and compliance requirements are followed
- Employees hold and maintain the appropriate safety training required for their position
- Monthly spot audits are conducted and that at a minimum, safety TRIF and LTI targets are met, while always striving for zero
- Ensure all training is completed and up to date for employees, updated in Workday
- Performs site safety inspections and daily walkthroughs.
Results and Financial Management
- Demonstrate clear and effective leadership to Warehouse employees
- Provide role and responsibility guidance, performance management, coaching, mentoring and training to support growth and development
- Recruitment and selection of employees
- Provide quality, timely feedback to employees through formal and informal conversations to support the performance management process
- Share Employee Experience Survey (EES) results, solicit feedback, develop and post an action plan on the Action Planning website.
- Provides feedback to the inventory control group on stock requirements to meet customer demands
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of staff, orientation, coaching and mentoring, employee engagement, performance feedback and supporting growth and development opportunities.
- Conduct performance conversations and provide timely feedback
- Conduct yearly performance reviews for hourly employees
- Lead a large group of salaried and unionized employees
- Fill in for Manager, Regional Distribution Centre where needed
- Manage day-to-day warehouse operations, assets, finances including planning, managing and reporting of Warehouse financial results, assets and facilities requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing the monthly metrics related to People, Quality, Velocity and Cost with Warehouse employees
- Manage the successful execution of Finning's Warehouse operational processes and customer service commitment within the branch
- Direct timely resolutions to customer issues and goodwill settlements
- Collaboration with sales and service leaders within the branch
- Customer facing accountability for Warehouse related issues
- Defining/changing/creating more efficient processes and procedures
- The desire to lead and manage people
- Effective leadership / supervisory skills
- Journeyperson Parts or Warehouse Certification
- Three years of previous parts experience
- Strong business acumen
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office, Lawson
- Thorough understanding of the union and Finning's collective agreement.
- WHMIS and TDG
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Operations and Logistics