Overview Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! Job Skills / Requirements
The Patient Watch Attendant is responsible for watching over a patient's safety and security in the absence of a medical practitioner, such as a Nurse. This is a great opportunity for those who love working directly with patient's, or those who have an interest in building a career in Security. This is a full time on-call position operating on a 7 on 7 off schedule. Must be able to work overnight shifts.Essential Job Functions:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Monitor patient's health conditions and overall safety; report any changes to security and/or nursing staff.
- Alert Hospital Staff and Security Dispatch if the patient leaves the room and/or becomes aggressive.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Possess skills to deal with challenges and communicate effectively at various social levels.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Physical ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Excellent Verbal and Written English Communication Skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- A valid Alberta Driver's license
- Valid First Aid training
- Willing to work on-call and commute throughout Central Alberta.
- Willingness to drive consistently throughout your shift and relocate to different hospitals across Central Alberta during your shift when needed.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security procedures and non-defensive communication in aggressive situations.
Education Requirements (Any) High School Diploma/GED Certification Requirements (Any) Valid Alberta Security License Valid Class 5 Drivers License Standard First Aid, CPR Level C Additional Information / Benefits We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check