Reference ID: 288179
Law Enforcement and Security
[Please allow 15 - 20 minutes to complete your application]
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
The main responsibility of the Patrol Guard is to maintain a safe and secure environment for staff, students, contractors and visitors alike. They undertake appropriate patrols and monitor premises. Patrol Guards identify and report any problems which may have an impact on the company's service delivery, and are required to be familiar with and follow current site orders for the site.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Secure premises by patrolling property, buildings and checking access points
• Respond to emergencies and alarms
• Provide access to building and rooms as required
• Provide cash and personal safety escorts
• Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedure; dealing with trespassers
• Complete clear and concise reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses
• Maintain organizational stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
• Notify the Team Lead of any issues that are related to training, work safety, communications, daily reports or other site related matter
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with all staff members, students, contractors, visitors and co-workers
• Address any issues that require immediate attention, and inform the Team Lead of any action required
• Ensure that security services provided comply with Paladin Code of Ethics and Policy and Procedure
• Ensure the Site Orders are followed
• Must possess a valid security license
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good customer service attitude
• Prior Security experience a major asset
• Computer literate and able to assimilate knowledge of site systems
• Able to display objectivity and sound judgment
• Dependable and Professional in all job functions
• Must be physically fit and capable of high-volume walking and stairs, up to 18km/day
• Possess the ability to work in a team atmosphere
• Computer literate and capable of learning radio communications
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties in order to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Team Lead
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 8
Posted: April 15, 2018
Closes:June 14, 2018