Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
The Payroll Manager for Finning Canada is accountable for delivering accurate, timely and precise payroll results for various divisions of Finning Companies capturing 5000+ Canadian-based employees from unionized hourly, salaried and executive compensation.
As part of the Finance team, this position provides guidance to the payroll team and monitors the quality of output and service level to all Finning (Canada) employees. This diverse role includes running payroll in multiple Canadian divisions, setting-up processes and procedures (as-needed), creating efficiencies through technology and communicating with a diverse workforce.
The ideal candidate brings a solid background in a payroll leadership role in a decentralized, unionized environment, has expertise in Workday (HRIS) and is very accustomed to a complex and fast paced environment.
If this role is in line with your expertise, we want to hear from you today!Job Description:
- Responsible for the day to day leadership of staff, including recruitment and selection, orientation, coaching and mentoring, performance feedback, and supporting growth and development opportunities.
- Oversee biweekly pay runs to ensure pay is processed timely and accurately.
- Overall management of the payroll department planning, forecasting and annual budgets.
- Ensure that payroll policies and procedures meet the requirements of relevant provincial and federal regulations, as well as negotiated collective agreements.
- Lead payroll team to complete year end related activities. Year end activities include updating taxable benefits, producing T4's, NR4 and T2200 reporting and all other related reporting as required.
- Develop, recommend, and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Continual review of payroll procedures to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and controls of the payroll operation.
- Collaborate with other internal departments to ensure that their operational and informational requirements related to payroll are met.
- Accurate distribution and reporting of labor costs to the appropriate accounts and ensure acceptable account reconciliations are conducted.
- Develops standard and custom reports for payroll data analysis. (Reports used by stakeholders, both internal and external)
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Payroll certification required (ex. CPM, PCP).
- Minimum five to ten years of progressive supervisory payroll experience in a decentralized, unionized environment.
- Highly effective management and/or supervisory skills, acquired through experience in a related environment (minimum of 5 years supervisory experience).
- Thorough understanding of payroll related principles, procedures, legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of Workday (HRIS).
- Knowledge of full-cycle payroll processes.
- Understanding of expat and inpat payroll, tax and annual reporting.
- Understanding of stock option transactions and T4 reporting.
- Solid understanding of Taxable Benefits.
- Understand accounting treatment of payroll transactions.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.